Closed Thread
Page 30 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
    You're crazy and delusional if you think Eli is a First Ballot HOFer
    You’re crazy and delusional if you think that he isn’t. His two legendary playoff runs that culminated with SuperBowl victories alone are enough to earn him his place in Canton as a first time ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    You’re crazy and delusional if you think that he isn’t. His two legendary playoff runs that culminated with SuperBowl victories alone are enough to earn him his place in Canton as a first time ballot.
    The only Quarterbacks to get into the HOF on the first Ballot are Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway,Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Warren Moon, Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, Johnny Unitas and Steve Young. I'm sorry, but two super bowl rings doesn't automatically qualify you for a first ballot HOF. He needs more credibility.

Outside of the 4th Quarter, Eli has never been a "Dominate" QB. He's been great for our team, but he doesn't control games like his brother does. He's the best at 2 minute drills, but a first ballot guy has to be 60 minutes of non-stop elite. Not this bi-polar crap he goes through every November and Early December.

Banned
    I can't wait til Eli retires so you guys can stop having this same old tired discussion over and over again.

I'm sorry, but that is simply not true

ohhhh, people, people.

i'm not usually the 'i told you so type', but i'll be (unfortunately) waiting for the day Eli retires and we get so see what his replacement is capable, or more accurately, not capable of.

We seriously won't know what we had until its gone.

Drew Bledsoe also has one if you want to look at it that way. Heck, David Carr has one too.
    Simms earned his rings. He was injured late in the season
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I agree with an earlier poster... Why would Simms even go there? But I do agree Eli is not elite. Maybe if he had more seasons like last year, but lets face it an elite QB can carry a team when everyone else is playing poorly, and we haven't seen that in the last three or four weeks for sure. Eli is a very good QB, but he works within a system.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Simms earned his rings. He was injured late in the season

that's it

Eli is not consistently "Elite". He has elite periods but also has periods of mind boggleing ineptitude.
    I believe when his career is done this conversation will still rage but it will rage with him in Canton either way...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by yo-ho View Post
    I agree with an earlier poster... Why would Simms even go there? But I do agree Eli is not elite. Maybe if he had more seasons like last year, but lets face it an elite QB can carry a team when everyone else is playing poorly, and we haven't seen that in the last three or four weeks for sure. Eli is a very good QB, but he works within a system.
    Eli has a lot of games to play. When he's retired we'll know.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80