Closed Thread
Page 46 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    Phil is hitting that point in life when you worry about your legacy. He sees his fading as Eli begins to erase his remaing records and the feeling among Giants fans that he was the greatest Giant QB ever...that would be Eli.

Talking

Fans forget that Phil Simms lost his starting job to backup Hoss! Does anyone think that will happen to Eli Manning. Simms was carried by the Defense through most of his career. Eli doesn't have that great Defense behind him. He has to win games with a few minutes left in the game because our defense just plain SUCKS! This defense today is HIGHLY overated!
    TC: My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died.

Reese: Tough

TC: Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    yeah because we win 2 sb's with holding brady to under 18 points. some of you are delusional. the offense sputters most of the game with 3 and outs and fg's and manages to put up a score in the 4th qtr and are hero's.

Key difference between the 2 QBs is durability. Both were great QBs, but Simms was injured more, and at key junctures in his career.

A lot of people take for granted Eli's durability, but because of it he has 2 SB MVPs to Simms 1.

That legacy is why Eli will be remembered as NYs greatest. Deal with it Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    yeah because we win 2 sb's with holding brady to under 18 points. some of you are delusional. the offense sputters most of the game with 3 and outs and fg's and manages to put up a score in the 4th qtr and are hero's.
    Just trying to keep it going! LOL!
    TC: My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died.

Reese: Tough

TC: Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Eli has a decent feel for pressure and is very good at maneuvering just enough to get off a pass, but no, I wouldn't say Eli is anywhere near Phil in being fearless in the face of pressure. Eli protects his body and Phil didn't.
    There are very few guys in the league today that had the fearlessness in the pocket that Phil had. The two that come to mind are Brady and Ben. Peyton is great, but he has that chuck and duck tendency like Eli.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    Fans forget that Phil Simms lost his starting job to backup Hoss! Does anyone think that will happen to Eli Manning. Simms was carried by the Defense through most of his career. Eli doesn't have that great Defense behind him. He has to win games with a few minutes left in the game because our defense just plain SUCKS! This defense today is HIGHLY overated!
    Only because Ray Handley was an idiot.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    There are very few guys in the league today that had the fearlessness in the pocket that Phil had. The two that come to mind are Brady and Ben. Peyton is great, but he has that chuck and duck tendency like Eli.
    Did you just say Eli "chucks and ducks"?

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Did you just say Eli "chucks and ducks"?
    Peyton does the same thing.
    Neither guys tends to stand tall in the pocket and take direct hits. I'm not saying thats a terrible thing. its certainly self preservation. Brady's standing in the pocket the way he does got his knee torn up.
    It just is what it is.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    It's not all about championships. Marino was other-worldly-good.
    It's unfortunate that most of the people here were unable to watch Marino in his prime. I can't speak about the old timers, but in my generation, he was the best and it's not even close.