Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    so he is wrong two more times then as well...lol
    Add Dan Fouts to his list of non elite QB's as well

http://nesn.com/2012/11/phil-simms-s...-quarterbacks/

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Add Dan Fouts to his list of non elite QB's as well

http://nesn.com/2012/11/phil-simms-s...-quarterbacks/
    Phil is entitled to his opinion, but he seems way off base on his comments. Dan Marino, Dan Fouts and Warren Moon are hall of fame qb's with phenominal stats to back them. But then he states A. Rodgers, P. Manning and Tom Brady are elite qb's. Could you imagine if the great qb's of the past played in the league today with the rules to benefit offenses? Marino would throw for 6,000 yards... I'll chalk up Phil's statements as to not putting much thought into it and just speaking what was on his mind at the moment.

Phil Simms is jealous. Its pretty obvious. All he is doing is proclaiming this to the world.

LOL at Simms.....LOLOL ROFL LMAO @ Simms.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Phil Simms is jealous. Its pretty obvious. All he is doing is proclaiming this to the world.

LOL at Simms.....LOLOL ROFL LMAO @ Simms.
    LMMFAO @ this post!!

Interesting soundbite/bumper they are playing on Sirius from John Madden - Im paraphrasing a bit here:

"Eli Manning is absolutely an elite quarterback. I don't know if in the history of the NFL that there has ever been a quarterback that was elite ALL the time. He's won too many big games... he's done too many good things not to be considered elite."
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    I don't know if in the history of the NFL that there has ever been a quarterback that was elite ALL the time. "
    yeah but last year was a fluke!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    The very fact that a backup took over the reigns and won playoffs and SuperBowl is iondicative of how good the team around Phil Simms was. Phil didnít have to do anything extraordinary to win.

Phil Simms won because of the team and system around him. Eli Manning wins in spite of the system and team around him. Huge difference.

Now, do you think we would even win a game if Eliís backup came in?
    The fact that we won with Hoss is a combination of things. Excellence in coaching, and player execution of that game plan, along with the added dimension Hoss brought with his legs. I know you've thrown a lot of praise at our o-line back then but if my memory is correct, Hoss got the crap beat out of him despite being able to run.

I absolutely think we can win a game with David Carr at quarterback.

I also believe there is no way in hell we would have won the Super Bowl in 2007 without Plaxico. If Eli didn't have Plax that year it would have been real ugly around here.

Anyway, why is it people feel the need to try and rip Phil. Phil is #1 color guy on CBS, and he gets paid to talk about football. All the fuss is silly.

Besides some guys are big Simms fans and others love Eli. To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    LOLOLOL I can't believe some of you old timers actually consider Eli a chuck and duck QB.

And Roosevelt, did you just say Eli tries to avoid contact and then bring up the NFCCG when he got drilled constantly? A bit contradictory there. Of course a QB should try to avoid contact my friend. I want my QB to be healthy and have the 3rd longest consecutive games played streak while you can go with the guy who gets his ribs broken because he is "tough".
    C'mon, how is it contradictory? If Eli sees the pressure he tries to avoid it. Of course he doesn't always see it though.

But I agree with you that it has helped him to not miss a game so it is a positive thing. Simms even acknowledge it, by admitting that if he had played that way he would have had a better career.

No on the other hand I remember talking to a casual friend last year who happens to be a Giants fan and I mentioned how well Eli was playing. His response was he didn't like because he plays like he's afraid to take a hit. His words not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    " So now bigjeep, please tell everyone who was our head coach at that time and what he's doing now?"

Vince Lombardi?

And that's no joke.

just cause he might not be elite doesnt mean he is a bad QB, why is it his biggest fans translate it as such???
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Closed Thread