Closed Thread
Page 54 of 149 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 1489

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

  1. #531
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    All of Simm's receivers are by what today's standards would be possession receivers. They caught the ball but usually didn't do a whole lot with it afterwards. They were not YAC guys for sure. I agree with you.
    However his TE was. Mark Bavarro was a big YAC guy. If Eli were on that team as QB instead of Phil, Mark Bavarro might have had Gronkowski type of numbers.

  2. #532
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,123
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    During the 2007 season, Eli Manning had a shoulder injury and they wanted him to sit 3-4 games to rest it and he refused.
    Who is "they".
    The only thing that happened there is that the injury was misreported by Mortenson.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #533
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Who is "they".
    The only thing that happened there is that the injury was misreported by Mortenson.
    The injury wasnt misreported... the time away he would need was.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

  4. #534
    Eli is an Elite pocket passer but all qbs need talent around them so Simms is wrong to me.

  5. #535
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    The injury wasnt misreported... the time away he would need was.
    I disagree. They reported that he couldn't throw the ball with that injury. It wasn't a serious injury at all. I', not taking anything away from Eli because I'm sure it was something he had to deal with. But if he could throw the ball (which he could) I expect our QB to play.
    Do you disagree?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #536
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I disagree. They reported that he couldn't throw the ball with that injury. It wasn't a serious injury at all. I', not taking anything away from Eli because I'm sure it was something he had to deal with. But if he could throw the ball (which he could) I expect our QB to play.
    Do you disagree?
    oh definitely I would expect the same... Its not like he broke his pinky.

    I dont remember the report of him not being able to throw, just that Mortensen said he could be out 4 even 6 weeks before actually even knowing the extent of the injury. I think he was reporting this the next day.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

  7. #537
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    oh definitely I would expect the same... Its not like he broke his pinky.

    I dont remember the report of him not being able to throw, just that Mortensen said he could be out 4 even 6 weeks before actually even knowing the extent of the injury. I think he was reporting this the next day.
    Again...it was bad reporting. Forgetting Mortenson, the injury wasn't serious if he could throw the ball normally which he could. No it wasn't a pinky, but it also wasn't a Jack Youngblood broken leg either.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #538
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Again...it was bad reporting. Forgetting Mortenson, the injury wasn't serious if he could throw the ball normally which he could. No it wasn't a pinky, but it also wasn't a Jack Youngblood broken leg either.
    BTW...a broken pinky on his passing hand would have probably kept him out.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #539
    Veteran CowboysSuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,407
    So is it official?

    Simms will hopefully no longer be announcing Giant games? If he does I dont' want to hear him say a single good thing about Eli.


    OMFG you know what my reply just reminded me about... I had a dream last night. And I think it was Lincoln from Prison Break I somehow met...but the guy kept telling me he was Kerry Collins. He wouldn't give it up. I was like are you a drunk? Wheres the 5 o clock shadow? Are you really Kerry Collins, gtfo. THERES NO WAY YOU'RE KERRY COLLINS! And he was just like...yes man, yes I'm Kerry Collins whats the big deal? It was the strangest thing ever. hahaha
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 11-16-2012 at 10:19 AM.

  10. #540
    People shouldn't hate on Sims cause what he said about Eli. Simms was a former retired qb and Eli is the current qb. He hasn't retired and what if he went to another team and said somthing you didn't like about Simms?

Closed Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts