Closed Thread
Page 65 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Was 4th and 17 clutch?

And let's not compare SB42 with SB46. Eli was two completely different players.
    That play against Minnesota is the only one you are going to be able to go to. Eli Manning is way more clutch than Phil Simms ever was. It is not even a contest.

Bench Player
    I'm pretty clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    The quest for 70 pages is underway....
    It'll go straight downhill as soon as we get a few back from their suspensions, and the thread is almost guaranteed to get locked once that happens.

Gotta pick up the pace to 70 if you guys wanna see it happen!

70 PAGES.
    ALL IN!

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    It'll go straight downhill as soon as we get a few back from their suspensions, and the thread is almost guaranteed to get locked once that happens.

Gotta pick up the pace to 70 if you guys wanna see it happen!
    I think TC needs to go! He's lost control of the team. That coach down in Philthy will be free very soon. Or maybe the other one from that other scrub team in NY! They are winners!
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Eli Manning won those SuperBowls with two completely different sets of receivers, that is very impressive.

Eli Manning was purely brilliant in SuperBowl XLVI. He bailed the defense out again and again. He slowed the game down when our defense was gasping for breath and about to get blown out.

Eli Manning knew our defense couldn’t stop Tom Brady that day so he stopped him by keeping him on the sidelines.
    Phil won with NO receivers.

And on the biggest game of his life...Phil threw the QB equivalent of a prefect game. Of course he wasn't clutch.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 11-17-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Phil won with NO receivers.

And on the biggest game of his life...Phil threw the QB equivalent of a prefect game. Of course he wasn't clutch.
    Well, there were warm bodies playing in those positions...lol... but, I know what you mean, and it's too true. In '86 Bavaro was our No. 1 receiver, and then our two tops WR's caught 38, 39 passes for the entire season... that's just 2+ Rec/game. Hardly above average. He never had a WR like a Cruz, Nicks, Smith who caught over 70 passes in a season. He spread the ball to 8 receivers in completing his 22 passes in SBXX!.
    Someone on here, I believe either Harooni or Morehead, said that Phil was a better passer than Eli. I believe that's very true. Watch Phil's passes in the SB. All tight, hard spirals. Rarely a wounded duck like Eli throws too often. No One was better than Phil in the wind.
    Phil had a good running game and a great defense to help him win games. Other than the 4th and 17 against Minny, I can't remember many games where Phil was 'Clutch", making that last needed drive in the 4th to win a game. It just never seemed like he had to, unlike Eli who has pulled games out for us on many occasions.
    It took Phil many years to learn how to read defenses. He had raw talent and great toughness. Eli came into the league with the ability to read a defense, nurtured over his lifetime by his dad, but his arm isn't as good as Phil's. They were different, and hard to compare. I believe Phil would have won SBXXV if he were healthy. And, I also believe if Phil were healthy, we would have had a bigger lead and Norwood wouldn't have been kicking a FG at the end, because they would have needed TD's, not a FG to win. Going 10-0 in his starts that year certainly shouldn't be forgotten.
    Two great Giant QB's, in two different era's. Don't compare them... simply appreciate them both.

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Don't compare them... simply appreciate them both.
    If people could do that this thread would be 2 pages.

Also I agree wholeheartedly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    I think TC needs to go! He's lost control of the team. That coach down in Philthy will be free very soon. Or maybe the other one from that other scrub team in NY! They are winners!
    We are already budgeting gas here in NY because of Sandy, if Reid comes to town we will have to start budgeting the food supply as well, there simply is not enough food right now to feed both Reid and Rex Ryan.

IMO,

Eli has more raw passing talent. He is able to make the ridiculous throw more so than Phil. Phil was more accurate. If a WR is open, Phil would hit him between the numbers. Phil also was more consistent. I picture Phil and see him standing tall in the pocket. Eli chucks and ducks.

That being said, I don't think Phil was the type of QB that can "carry" a team the way Eli did in 2011. Phil was steady and solid. Eli is wild but can pull a rabbit out of a hat. 2 different animals.

Closed Thread