Closed Thread
Page 7 of 149 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    This from Pro Football Today's power ranking after week 10 games:

11. Giants: Eli Manning doesn’t have a tired arm; his arm is in a coma.
    This whole "tired arm" crap is nothing but BS. The guy is one of the toughest QB's in today's game and one of the few that I feel could have still had a long career back in the day when QB's weren't treated like girls by the refs. Clear as day to me that the team together is dysfunctional and in some way create mental hurdles for themselves, season after season. The season will depend on if THIS YEAR the team breaks through their own mental hurdles. When we are clicking on all cylinders I don't believe we can be beat by any current team out there. Unfortunately, we just don't like clicking on all cylinders most of the year. lol

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That's what they do, they get paid to do it. We make that possible.
    yup sadly lol

if you go off eli;s career numbers you see last year he was very good, but other than that no "
    elite" stats now if you are going off his 2 min drill comebacks intangibles and sb's i can see that also. But for the most part Simms is correct.

hopefully this lights that fire under eli.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Poking fun at the elite labels RF. I got Mike Mayock as my #1 and I'm just not sure where to place Simms. He has his moment where he fanboys over certain players but he can be pretty objective at other times. I question his consistency.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    if you go off eli;s career numbers you see last year he was very good, but other than that no "
    elite" stats now if you are going off his 2 min drill comebacks intangibles and sb's i can see that also. But for the most part Simms is correct.

hopefully this lights that fire under eli.
    man rooni's having a field day! I haven't seen him this excited since Tiki threatened to come back in the league. Or when Sehorn was in 'Days of our lives'
    Last edited by Rusty192; 11-13-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Phil Simms is one of my personal favorite former players. Someone responded that he also wasn't elite, and I agree with that. But Phil Simms was something to watch in that day and he played when beating up the QB was encouraged.

I don't think the fact that it's Phil Simms saying it makes it any worse or less/more valid than any other talking head.
    This is true, but Phil seems to be carrying a chip on his shoulders about various Giants players. He's made derisive comments about some over the years, but that's always been Phil. It shows on Inside The NFL with him and Chris and it shows the way he announces games. Somewhat Joe Theisman like, if you ask me.

I'm very upset!!!!
    We have the potential for a knock down, drag out thread with lots of vitriol and name calling.....and I have **** to do.

Nothing is going right today!!!
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    I don't watch enough AFC games to actually have a real opinion. My brother though, who is a Bills fan, tells me that he drools over Tom Brady.
    That's because the Pats are run by Bill B. and Phil drools over his jock, but then I do too. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Simms is a great Giant and beloved by 99% of Giants fans and he was far from Elite.
    Eli is a better overall QB (IMO) and gets less love overall. So what and who cares. Eli and his crew have two SBs. Good enough for me.....
    HOF = Elite
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

HOF = Elite
    sorry Ro....
    Joe Namath not Elite. More picks than TDs....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Closed Thread