Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Right now...Ben IS better than Eli.

Now let the games begin.

Century mark on the way?

Now let the games begin.
    More and more it seems like 2011 Eli was an aberration. Ben's been performing at a higher level more consistently and for longer. Personally, I needed to see one more great season from Eli before I lumped him into Ben's category. That applied to everyone - Cruz, JPP, etc. I needed one more year.

After 2011, those that thought Eli was better certainly had a case - especially if they felt that "good" Eli would continue playing at a high level. But now, with Eli struggling and having a sub-par year, putting Eli in Ben's category is becoming more and more far fetched.

For arguments sake, if Eli turns it on again at the end of the year, it will be same story of inconsistency that has plagued him throughout his career.

I expect Eli to have a big game tomorrow. He's due. And he tends to play the best against the better teams.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    More and more it seems like 2011 Eli was an aberration. Ben's been performing at a higher level more consistently and for longer. Personally, I needed to see one more great season from Eli before I lumped him into Ben's category. That applied to everyone - Cruz, JPP, etc. I needed one more year.After 2011, those that thought Eli was better certainly had a case - especially if they felt that "good" Eli would continue playing at a high level. But now, with Eli struggling and having a sub-par year, putting Eli in Ben's category is becoming more and more far fetched.For arguments sake, if Eli turns it on again at the end of the year, it will be same story of inconsistency that has plagued him throughout his career.I expect Eli to have a big game tomorrow. He's due. And he tends to play the best against the better teams.
    We play tomorrow?
    I thought we had something special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    stop nit - pickin' CC , i'm not crushing on Hoss, just pointing out that he was
    merely a serviceable QB and i just strongly believe with Simms it would not have
    come down to Scott Norwood 's "wide right".

ELI > Carr = Simms > Hoss.
    not so fast there .....

there were plays in that 1990 playoff run that Hoss made with his legs that were game changing

some in the SB game as well

plays I am not sure Simms would have made

do I think Hostetler was a better QB than Simms? absolutely not

but that playoff run may have looked a bit different without him in there

that 49er team was tough ....and Phil struggled a bit against them earlier that season

thats not to say Phil would have lost that game......but Hoss did a great job fighting for first downs with his legs when he needed to ......and threw some balls dead on the money when he needed to as well

even with Phil in that SB game it very well may have come down to a FG......earlier in the season the Giants lost to the Bills 17-13 in a game where Simms and Hoss both struggled

I think Hoss even looked a bit better than Simms that day coming off the bench cold as an ice cube
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 11-21-2012 at 11:52 AM.

More and more it seems like 2011 Eli was an aberration. Ben's been performing at a higher level more consistently and for longer. Personally, I needed to see one more great season from Eli before I lumped him into Ben's category. That applied to everyone - Cruz, JPP, etc. I needed one more year.

After 2011, those that thought Eli was better certainly had a case - especially if they felt that "good" Eli would continue playing at a high level. But now, with Eli struggling and having a sub-par year, putting Eli in Ben's category is becoming more and more far fetched.

For arguments sake, if Eli turns it on again at the end of the year, it will be same story of inconsistency that has plagued him throughout his career.

I expect Eli to have a big game tomorrow. He's due. And he tends to play the best against the better teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    We play tomorrow?
    Haha. Sunday can't come fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    stop nit - pickin' CC , i'm not crushing on Hoss, just pointing out that he was
    merely a serviceable QB and i just strongly believe with Simms it would not have
    come down to Scott Norwood 's "wide right".

ELI > Carr = Simms > Hoss.
    May i ask who you are that you know my initials?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Haha. Sunday can't come fast enough.
    Word
    I thought we had something special!!!

Now let the games begin.
    I think there is a plot to get this thread to 100 pages, and Morehead must have money on it with this most recent volley... instigating is a 10 yard penalty.... Non-reviewable.

Banned
    Yes...Eli has been plagued throughout his career. So far the plague has netted 2 Lombardis. I bet Romo is wishing he could catch the plague.

Closed Thread