Closed Thread
Page 91 of 149 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1489

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

  1. #901
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I want to see the "good Eli" from here on this season. He's unfortunately gone back to his inconsistent ways this season. Lets hope "bad Eli" doesn't show himself any more this year.
    I honestly don't know if I've ever seen an NFL QB with such a high beta.
    Jake Plummer for a couple years.

  2. #902
    Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    I really don't care who considers who the best or who in fact is the best. I enjoy the today and the yesterday.
    I do and when Eli wins his 3rd SB this year I want to make sure everyone agrees that he's not only the best Giants QB ever, but arguably the GOAT.

  3. #903
    Give Eli credit in the post game interviews. I'm sure he is well aware of what Simms said, and when asked about how it felt to hold the all time TD record, he made mention of great QBs including Simms, saying it was an honor to be mentioned in the same sentence with those guys.

    Simms can take his shots, but Eli will remain all class.

  4. #904
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,225
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    He missed a wide open pass to Hynoski, the world must be ending soon!!!!

    OMG!! Wait, in the same game, the so called best QB in the game threw a pass right at Webster. He also held onto the ball forever and took unecessary sacks. When he finally threw the ball away it was to end the half instead of taking a shot to the end zone.

    LOL. Rodgers got schooled. Oh by the way, Simms is old news. He will forever be in the rear view mirror of Eli in Giants history.
    "Missed an open Hynoski"? He threw it to Hackensack.

    Anyway no biggie. He made a nice throw to Randle for a TD.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #905
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    "Missed an open Hynoski"? He threw it to Hackensack.

    Anyway no biggie. He made a nice throw to Randle for a TD.
    That throw was inexcusable.

    Just like the Rodgers throw to Webster as well as countless other throws at his receivers feet.


    Eli took Rodgers to the woodshed. RG3 and Brees will soon join him.

  6. #906
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,225
    Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    Give Eli credit in the post game interviews. I'm sure he is well aware of what Simms said, and when asked about how it felt to hold the all time TD record, he made mention of great QBs including Simms, saying it was an honor to be mentioned in the same sentence with those guys.

    Simms can take his shots, but Eli will remain all class.
    Phil didn't take any shots at all. He expressed his opinion.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #907
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Phil didn't take any shots at all. He expressed his opinion.
    I'm with you, everybody is saying how much Simms "Disrespected Eli and the Giants" but if you saw the interview, and not just a reporters version of what he said, then you would realize that Simms was trapped into saying that.

  8. #908
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,225
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
    I'm with you, everybody is saying how much Simms "Disrespected Eli and the Giants" but if you saw the interview, and not just a reporters version of what he said, then you would realize that Simms was trapped into saying that.
    Yes but to some he is a blasphemist and will now ride the B line to hell.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #909
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Phil didn't take any shots at all. He expressed his opinion.
    Sure, all he did was express his opinion. He is also a football analyst and commentator and has to expand his career. There are plenty of reasons he why he said what he said.

    However, while Simms has moved on, most of us are still Giants fans and expect loyalty to our team. Maybe it's an unreasonable expectation. Honestly, the only guy consistenly pro-Giants has been Michael Strahan, hence why he may be the single most beloved Giant.

    Whether it was a shot at Eli or not, Simms comment rubbed the fans the wrong way, and rightfully so. The fact is, he wasn't belittling the level of play and talent of a journeyman football player, he was talking about a 2x superbowl champion fresh of a champtionship LAST year, Pro-Bowler, and MVP (superbowl).

  10. #910
    Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    Sure, all he did was express his opinion. He is also a football analyst and commentator and has to expand his career. There are plenty of reasons he why he said what he said.

    However, while Simms has moved on, most of us are still Giants fans and expect loyalty to our team. Maybe it's an unreasonable expectation. Honestly, the only guy consistenly pro-Giants has been Michael Strahan, hence why he may be the single most beloved Giant.

    Whether it was a shot at Eli or not, Simms comment rubbed the fans the wrong way, and rightfully so. The fact is, he wasn't belittling the level of play and talent of a journeyman football player, he was talking about a 2x superbowl champion fresh of a champtionship LAST year, Pro-Bowler, and MVP (superbowl).
    And if you saw, or even read the article, you would understand that he gave Eli his credit for all he's done. Phil Simms is one of the only commentators to remain loyal to the Giants.

    And if he was to say that Eli is the best QB in the league right now, he'd lose credibility.

Closed Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts