Closed Thread
Page 95 of 149 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    oh boy here comes the Simms hate now. lets go look at simms home record for nov/dec its pretty darn good . and not in an era where you cant sneeze on a qb like today,
    How many rings does Simms have? Are we not even gonna mention the fact that he had the greatest defensive player ever on his team?

Banned
    no hate on Simms, but I would have respected his anti Eli comments more if he made them when Eli was on a run than when Eli was beaten down

Right now Phil looks silly and envious........which is probably a misconception too

Simms has his right to a opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    You're kidding right? Have you watched ANY of the season so far?Drew Brees had 4 games where they couldn't even WIN a game. Aaron Rodgers had an early slump when he lost to the seahawks, colts, and 9ers and now us. Brady has been outgunned by Russel Wilson and Kevin Kolb for god sakes. Honestly any guy who thinks Eli isn't elite either hasn't been watching the season or is an idiot. Peyton Manning had an INT happy season in 2010.
    You seriously want to compare Eli's slump to Brees and Rogers?

Everyone knows Eli is a special player. But as good as he is, I've never seen a QB (at his stage in his career) miss targets like he did last night with Hyno, and Ahmad, as he fired it at him from 5ft away. I've never seen truly great quarterbacks throw the ball so poorly at times.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    How many rings does Simms have?
    same amount as Eli

You have to understand that Simms came up in a time with Marino, Elway, Kelly and Montana. He was always compared (unfavorably) to those QBs and like an abused child, he is now passing on that tendency to Eli.

Ironically, of the people Simms has mentioned (Brady and Rodgers), Eli has beaten them both head to head on the biggest stage. And I'm not sure I can say in one sentence that a person is destined for the Hall of Fame and in the next say he isn't elite.

But I don't blame Simms for saying his piece ... I just don't agree with him.

Cool

God, I love this thread!
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    You have to understand that Simms came up in a time with Marino, Elway, Kelly and Montana. He was always compared (unfavorably) to those QBs and like an abused child, he is now passing on that tendency to Eli.

Ironically, of the people Simms has mentioned (Brady and Rodgers), Eli has beaten them both head to head on the biggest stage. And I'm not sure I can say in one sentence that a person is destined for the Hall of Fame and in the next say he isn't elite.

But I don't blame Simms for saying his piece ... I just don't agree with him.
    Phil beat all those guys in big spots. The exception was Marino since he never played him in a huge spot.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Phil beat all those guys in big spots. The exception was Marino since he never played him in a huge spot.
    Simms didn't beat Kelly in a big spot. Hoss did. Wasn't it the regular season game against the Bills that we lost Simms for the season in? Plus, we lost that game.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    God, I love this thread!
    I have to admit that reading through the stuff said in this thread does contribue to my own morale at my office.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Closed Thread