Closed Thread
Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

"No, he is not one of the elites," Simms said in quotes distributed by CBS. "Because when I hear the word elite, I'm thinking about guys that can make unbelievable plays on the field by themselves. There are very few quarterbacks in that category.

"So yes, Eli has been a tremendous team player. He has been MVP of the Super Bowl twice. I know that. But the way I look at it, the answer is no."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2C8Eaubto

Here we go again.....

Phil Simms was a great Giants quarterback but why, why say this??? I know he gets paid for his opinion but does this mean Romo is an elite qb cause he makes unbelievable plays?? Eli has made unbelievable plays too. 2 That come to mind is sb 42 and sb 46. Man what does this guy have to do to get some respect??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Phil Simms was a great Giants quarterback but why, why say this??? I know he gets paid for his opinion but does this mean Romo is an elite qb cause he makes unbelievable plays?? Eli has made unbelievable plays too. 2 That come to mind is sb 42 and sb 46. Man what does this guy have to do to get some respect??
    Simms said it because it is true.

He mad because he will never get an opportunity to make to the hall of fame. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    He mad because he will never get an opportunity to make to the hall of fame. lol.
    If he buys a ticket!
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    If he buys a ticket!

You certainly don't act your age do you?

Win two or three more SB's, then maybe. Maybe.. being sarcastic.

Ah Simms himself is/was not elite either.......saw his career stats, nothing special.

Here we go again. Eli will be elite one day, and not elite another day, then elite, then not. Whatever. He sucks right now. He is having one of the worst stretches in his career. Oh well. If he gets us another championship at the end of the year, he will be elite again. Im tired of this.

Corey Webster was also elite last year, and now completely sucks this year. Whatevs. Chris Johnson was elite a few years ago, now is a bust. Cam Newtown was elite last year, now sucks.

Flavor of the week.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 11-13-2012 at 02:45 PM.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    Ah Simms himself is/was not elite either.......saw his career stats, nothing special.
    I saw his career. He was very special.

But anyway....Is it required that only elite QB's can decide what QB is or isn't elite? If so, we all need to shut up.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi