Closed Thread
Page 9 of 149 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 1489

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

  1. #81
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo.../aaron-rodgers

    I wouldn't necessarily call those a bad stretch of games.
    lol he had 4td''s and 3 int. that not that great....my point was he went through a bad stretch of games too it happens.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    remember the rules are different than 20 years ago. you will see many qb's achieve 30,000 and 200 td passes. hell, you will see 5,000 a season and 30 plus a year more and more just keep watching.
    I'm sure Andrew Luck will hit 6,000 at some point in his career. That will be an amazing year of football.

  3. #83
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Original Member since 04-04-04
    Posts
    9,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    Warner said it best, Eli will need that league MVP in todays passing first nfl. guys are putting up numbers and you cant stick them all in the HOF it doesnt work that way.
    No, they all dont... only the ones with 2 Superbowl MVP rings and multiple ProBowl selections to go with it?
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

  4. #84
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    "I test how other people deal with reality"
    Posts
    59,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You put Simms in this system, coddle him like this staff has coddled Eli, given him Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer, Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz (instead of Byron Williams, Lionel Manuel, Ernest Gray and Bobby Johnson) let him play with these rules in the secondary and roughing the QB, and he puts up all time great numbers.
    bingo at the end of the day simms was more accurate and played better at home during nov/dec. simms would also stay in the pocket step up and deliver the ball not spin and shy away and heave it up for grabs.

  5. #85
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You put Simms in this system, coddle him like this staff has coddled Eli, given him Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer, Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz (instead of Byron Williams, Lionel Manuel, Ernest Gray and Bobby Johnson) let him play with these rules in the secondary and roughing the QB, and he puts up all time great numbers.
    AND, Beatty would have caught Simms' pass
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  6. #86
    Simms does not care for the giants. Eli included. you hear it in his voice when he calls the games. the name Simms and Elite never show up in the same sentence . Elite is not always the numbers. Eli has a presence as an elite QB and many times does play like and elite QB. Simms could only wish to have that! F Simms!

  7. #87
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,627
    Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    Simms does not care for the giants. Eli included. you hear it in his voice when he calls the games. the name Simms and Elite never show up in the same sentence . Elite is not always the numbers. Eli has a presence as an elite QB and many times does play like and elite QB. Simms could only wish to have that! F Simms!
    Did you ever see Simms play?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  8. #88
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    "I test how other people deal with reality"
    Posts
    59,197
    I mean if Simms, Warner Toomer, Tiki, Shockey Plaxico and Strahan said it at one point. Can we really say its all them and they are wrong?

  9. #89
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    bingo at the end of the day simms was more accurate and played better at home during nov/dec. simms would also stay in the pocket step up and deliver the ball not spin and shy away and heave it up for grabs.
    When Phil Simms had time, he was virtually unstoppable.....it was either caught, or dropped, but he threw it on a rope, and hit his receivers between the numbers.

    Seriously, he would absolutely carve up defenses.....but if he didn't have the time, he was a mess, because he was Dan Fouts slow.

    Another thing.....of all the yardage Simms threw for, so many of them came on 3rd down. The old Giants ran a **** ton more than now.

    If the NFL had a stat for "most 3rd down passing yardage while getting drilled in the ribs" .....Phil would be the all-time NFL leader.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    lol he had 4td''s and 3 int. that not that great....my point was he went through a bad stretch of games too it happens.
    It's better than 2 tds and 6 ints in a 5 game stretch. Yes, a 5 game stretch!! Those numbers are Sanchezlike. Anyways, don't get it twisted. I am an Eli fan. IMO, he isn't an elite guy right now. He'll be better no doubt, but you have the take the bad in with the good.

Closed Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts