Closed Thread
Page 12 of 149 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I didn't check the entire thread, but has anyone mentioned that in the same article, Dan Fouts disagrees with Phil?
    Yes but that kind of talk doesn't grab the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Simms has two rings
    Yup, second one on IR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    Simms is jealous Eli has 2 rings as QB, when he had to sit out and watch Hoss finish the job the second time around.

Then he eventually lost the starting job to Hoss.

Me thinks he still burns up inside and has some animosity towards the Giants.
    jealous my foot, he was injured.

he had the best SB performance of any QB, (not just in the 4th qtr when the other team is tired and in soft zone with a lead)

when Simms went 22-25 during SB XXI 2 incomplete passes were flat out drops and 1 he threw away to avoid a sack. he was perfection. no QB will ever touch his SB performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Simms has two rings
    But not that second sb mvp. And Elis breaking all his records....

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    jealous my foot, he was injured.

he had the best SB performance of any QB, (not just in the 4th qtr when the other team is tired and in soft zone with a lead)

when Simms went 22-25 during SB XXI 2 incomplete passes were flat out drops and 1 he threw away to avoid a sack. he was perfection. no QB will ever touch his SB performance.
    Yes, but it ended ugly between him and Gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    If you take Eli Manning and put him in the system that Phil Simms was in, Eli would have dominated that era. The system Phil Simms was in was painless and seamless. Eli would have thrived with that O line and run game. Heck, if Eli Manning were the QB back then, Mark Bavarro may have put up Gronkowski numbers. Our O line and run game was so great that when Hoss, a guy that ran a 4.28 40 took over, he rarely had to run.

I think Phil Simms would have had issues with this system under Gillbride. I am not saying that he would not have gotten it but it would have taken him longer than Eli. Heck, it took Phil awhile to get the system he was in down and that one was simple as it gets.

I am not spewing angst at Phil but in my opinion, Eli is a better QB.
    Phil threw for 4000 yards before Bavaro was on the team. His top pass catcher had 48 catches that season.
    And no insult but Eli doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to have played for Parcells back then. Takes a unique guy to deal with Bill.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    what?? SB XXI 22 of 25 passes completed for 268 yards and three touchdowns

and yet if eli throws 1 td the whole game you all call him elite and best player on the team. come on now be fair
    It works both ways. If Eli had that defense with the greatest defensive player of all time, that running/play action game, HOF coach in Bill P. and possibly the greatest coach of all time in Bill B., do you really think Eli wouldn't possibly equal or exceed what Phil did? Eli has shown he probably could have taken the hits QB's did then. Maybe Phil wouldn't have been so accurate in this receiver option route offense and maybe Eli would be more accurate in the receiver single route offense Phil played behind.

Yup, second one on IR.
    Started that season 10-0.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Yup, second one on IR.
    After he got the team enough wins
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    If you take Eli Manning and put him in the system that Phil Simms was in, Eli would have dominated that era. The system Phil Simms was in was painless and seamless. Eli would have thrived with that O line and run game. Heck, if Eli Manning were the QB back then, Mark Bavarro may have put up Gronkowski numbers. Our O line and run game was so great that when Hoss, a guy that ran a 4.28 40 took over, he rarely had to run.

I think Phil Simms would have had issues with this system under Gillbride. I am not saying that he would not have gotten it but it would have taken him longer than Eli. Heck, it took Phil awhile to get the system he was in down and that one was simple as it gets.

I am not spewing angst at Phil but in my opinion, Eli is a better QB.
    Are you saying Hostetler ran a 4.28 40yd?!

Closed Thread