Closed Thread
Page 14 of 149 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    **** it. I see your 35 pages and raise it 15 for an even 50
    LOL
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Im waiting for Kerry collins to weigh in on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo1972 View Post
    It works both ways. If Eli had that defense with the greatest defensive player of all time, that running/play action game, HOF coach in Bill P. and possibly the greatest coach of all time in Bill B., do you really think Eli wouldn't possibly equal or exceed what Phil did? Eli has shown he probably could have taken the hits QB's did then. Maybe Phil wouldn't have been so accurate in this receiver option route offense and maybe Eli would be more accurate in the receiver single route offense Phil played behind.
    Phil won a lot of games and had a great defense..no doubt.
    But his passing stats were held way down by RE's system. He was an absolute pure passer. I saw an interview with Joe Montana just a few years ago and he went to a QB camp with Phil and he talked about how shocked he was to see how great Phil still threw the ball. that would have been past 50.

Phil could spin the ball like few QB's. And no one stood in the pocket and took hits to allow receivers to break open like Phil.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    Im waiting for Kerry collins to weigh in on the subject.
    I am also sure that Dave Brown and Danny Kanell both have a take as well.

Phil was a Qb that had many games start to finish solid. He didnt start off cold and get hot for the 4th qtr. imagine a QB that was steady all game long. imagine that. imagine a QB that could sustain drives during the first half and allow his Defense to get some rest.

Benny Friedman > Eli Manning

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Tony Romo dealt with Bill. LOL. Just giving you a hard time
    And it didn't go well.
    Bill would go up to Phil before practice and tell him that he was going to abuse him all day and that he needed to take it to set an example for the rest of the team.
    Phil was a special guy.
    Get well soon 80.

Phil was a Qb that had many games start to finish solid. He didnt start off cold and get hot for the 4th qtr. imagine a QB that was steady all game long. imagine that
    What were his stats in that Flipper Anderson walk off game? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    If you take Eli Manning and put him in the system that Phil Simms was in, Eli would have dominated that era. The system Phil Simms was in was painless and seamless. Eli would have thrived with that O line and run game. Heck, if Eli Manning were the QB back then, Mark Bavarro may have put up Gronkowski numbers. Our O line and run game was so great that when Hoss, a guy that ran a 4.28 40 took over, he rarely had to run.

I think Phil Simms would have had issues with this system under Gillbride. I am not saying that he would not have gotten it but it would have taken him longer than Eli. Heck, it took Phil awhile to get the system he was in down and that one was simple as it gets.

I am not spewing angst at Phil but in my opinion, Eli is a better QB.
    Very good point about the running game and offensive line......."The Suburbanites" were great...... and Maurice Carthon might be the best blocking running back in NFL history.

And of course, Simms had Joe Morris......quite possibly the best running back in NFL History.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Phil was a Qb that had many games start to finish solid. He didnt start off cold and get hot for the 4th qtr. imagine a QB that was steady all game long. imagine that. imagine a QB that could sustain drives during the first half and allow his Defense to get some rest.
    How quickly we forget many horrid games by our own Phil Simms.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Closed Thread