Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
"No, he is not one of the elites," Simms said in quotes distributed by CBS. "Because when I hear the word elite, I'm thinking about guys that can make unbelievable plays on the field by themselves. There are very few quarterbacks in that category.

"So yes, Eli has been a tremendous team player. He has been MVP of the Super Bowl twice. I know that. But the way I look at it, the answer is no."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2C8Eaubto

Here we go again.....

What does it all mean anyway? Elite...not elite?? It's a subjective opinion made by people who know no more about sports than you or I!
Marino was elite...he bombed in his one and only SB
Montana was elite and was great at the comeback like Eli is.
Favre thru more INT's than any QB in NFL history and he's a first ballot HOFer
Peyton is considered elite, he's a first ballot HOFer won one SB with an MVP, but his performances and record in the playoffs is horrible!
Brees has one SB ring with an MVP and the same year everyone was using the 25 INT's Eli threw as the argument why he's not elite and not in the same class as Brees............, Brees in the same season thru 22 INT's!
It's the reason why I think it a stupid pointless debate. Nobody can look at the examples I gave and show any kind of definitive criteria for what makes a QB elite or not!
Eli gave us those 2 SB rings....he earned every victory from the playoffs to the SB with his great performance and thats all that matters to me.
Is Eli elite? who cares.....those Lombardi trophies belong to the franchise and the fans and they can't be taken away.