Closed Thread
Page 22 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The simple truth, whether we're talking about Eli or anyone else, is that the jury is out until the whole body of work can be examined and compared to whoever else played in relatively the same time span.

We needed two weeks of filler and this was a great start.
    Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, and Brees are still playing, and they're considered elite QB's by most people today. The whole body of work isn't complete, but it's quite obvious that they are, in fact, elite QB's. I dont disagree with you, RF, but I'm pointing out a hole in your logic.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, and Brees are still playing, and they're considered elite QB's by most people today. The whole body of work isn't complete, but it's quite obvious that they are, in fact, elite QB's. I dont disagree with you, RF, but I'm pointing out a hole in your logic.
    In support of RF's logic, Phillip Rivers WAS on that elite list for a period of time also. Now you don't hear his name anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Phil Simms was a great Giants quarterback but why, why say this??? I know he gets paid for his opinion but does this mean Romo is an elite qb cause he makes unbelievable plays?? Eli has made unbelievable plays too. 2 That come to mind is sb 42 and sb 46. Man what does this guy have to do to get some respect??
    He mad because he will never get an opportunity to make to the hall of fame. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    He mad because he will never get an opportunity to make to the hall of fame. lol.
    If he buys a ticket!
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    Tells me he was the QB of some VERY talented teams! Having Joe Morris running for 100+ a game, a HOF worthy tight end, and a stifling defense helps any QB!
    So had do you explain The Captain's jersey not be retired who BTW is a HOF'er?

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    if Warner and Simms feel the same, who are we to judge. some of you work in a cubicle at enterprise car rental or subway for heaven sakes. These guys know what it isall about the position in and out and know what a HOF elite player is.
    You cannot argue with logic.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    If he buys a ticket!

You certainly don't act your age do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    **** Phil Simms, the Giants won a super bowl with a backup Qb when he got hurt
    News alert: Hoss was a starter in this league for a long time.

Besides, Eli played like a back-up most of 2007, so what does that prove?

The sensitivity surrounding Eli is comical. Saying he's not elite doesn't in any way mean he's saying he's trash.

Phil is a borderline HOF'er but probably wont get in. There's nothing shameful in that.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUNK(three)AM View Post
    I don't think there's much to debate about. Eli's in a slump. It happens to the best of players. If people thought Eli became a lesser QB because of this hiccup he's having, then I'd respectfully disagree. Eli's still the man - and it would be dangerous for anybody in the NFL to underestimate him. He possesses all the tools he needs to win, and he has consistently shown us that over his career. Maybe he is a little more prone to bouts of being off his game than other players - but that's just part of the game.

Lets take our losses like men, enjoy the victories as they come, and appreciate one of the most interesting eras of Giants football.
    Well said.

lol Phil Simms probably also got to watch some of the Bengals game too and got upset like the rest of us. He was just praising Eli during the Steelers game last week.

Closed Thread