Closed Thread
Page 56 of 149 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Isn't it?
    Like Leap Year
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Banned
    Who is "they".
    The only thing that happened there is that the injury was misreported by Mortenson.
    On the “Americas Game” video that covers that year, Eli Manning speaks about the doctor telling him he needed to sit for a month and that he said he wouldn’t because he wasn’t going to miss any games.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Are you just trying for 100 pages now? lol
    70 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    70 !!!!
    700!

Please support.

Banned
    Its really not. Passing the ball requires feel. I suppose you could play with a broken pinky but you would suck because you would have no control of the ball as it left your hand. Not a matter of being tough or not, just a matter of the mechanics of throwing a football.
    A shoulder injury also has to do with messing up the mechanics of throwing a football.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    you are on some serious drugs people. Simms would tear this league up in todays pass friendly rules and pure speed talent at the WR position. He was very accurate and played well even at home during nov/dec , i know a QB that cant say that.
    If Eli Manning had played back then on that NY Giants team with the offensive line, running game and defense we had, he would have won 3-4 SuperBowls. Also, Eli Manning would never leave the sidelines of a SuperBowl his team was playing in because he felt “in the way” and was upset that Jeff Hosstettler was out there. I know a QB that did do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    "No, he is not one of the elites," Simms said in quotes distributed by CBS. "Because when I hear the word elite, I'm thinking about guys that can make unbelievable plays on the field by themselves. There are very few quarterbacks in that category.

"So yes, Eli has been a tremendous team player. He has been MVP of the Super Bowl twice. I know that. But the way I look at it, the answer is no."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2C8Eaubto

Here we go again.....
    so Simms thinks hes a HOFer but not elite....

that makes complete sense

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Okay. But all I was saying is that Phil didn't worry about getting hit after a pass, while Eli does. Nothing wrong with that, and I did praise Eli because he's never missed a game.

And I'm not questioning Eli's toughness. He may not look tough but he obviously is tough.
    So perhaps Simms doesn't mind getting hit. Perhaps Eli also doesn't mind getting smashed either, but is smart enough to contort his body to take the blow. lol Hence the longevity of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    so Simms thinks hes a HOFer but not elite....

that makes complete sense
    In my John McClain voice, WELCOME TO THE PARTY PAL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    700!
    That might be possible.

Closed Thread