Closed Thread
Page 73 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    That's cool. I still think you're crazy lol. but thats cool.
    Haha I didn't know you live in Africa..

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    take away any 2 entire scoring drives....and Phil still wins.
    take away one first down.....and Eli loses.

anyways all you smug-asterisks jumpin' on board here to pummel me need to keep in mind
    that i jumped in here to defend our defense....that really won the game.
    stop making me compare Eli and Phil....it wasn't my intent.

You do have supporters on here. I don't think you said anything out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Haha I didn't know you live in Africa..

yeah it gets a little crazy around tourist season but other than that its great.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Eli has played like a top 5 qb one season in his entire career.
    Yes. He was elite for one full season so far.....

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Hey how about that! I get respect! Haha.
    Except for you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Both QB's won us Super Bowls.
    Whether Eli is elite or not, it doesn't matter, he has 2 Super Bowls anyway.

Now let's all hug and make up.
    WTF Rudyy?

The very reason this thread has over 700 posts is because Phil said Eli wasn't elite.

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    as i recall ....Brady got the ball back , did he not ?
    oh , i guess that game winning defensive stand doesn't count.
    must have been Eli and Plax out there in the dime defense.

oh that's right Brady had the last at-bat in SB46 too.
    nice defense by Eli and Nicks.

I smell 10 count after this post. Nice job SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    WTF Rudyy?The very reason this thread has over 700 posts is because Phil said Eli wasn't elite.
    Me personally I dont even care anymore at this point. He doesnt have to be elite in order to be a winner.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Lets not pretend that it was an actual drive vs a few Hail Mary's... Or is it the last unit on the field that wins the game?
    That's weak. Webster made a great play to break up a pass that would have made things very interesting.

Plus, do you consider Eli's pass to Nicks vs Green Bay last year an actual drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Joe Namath played for the NY Jets! That he was able to help them win their only SB in their history is reason enough for me to vote him into the HOF!

I grew up watching Simms play QB for us & he was a great QB for us when healthy. It's a shame he got hurt late in 90' & couldn't QB in the SB vs Buffalo. We would have won that game going away if he had. Hoss did an admirable job in that game, but I feel that we would have aired it out a bit more & put up more than just 20 points. I know the game plan was just like it was in SB 42 & Brady, keep Machine gun Kelley & that explosive Bills O on the sidelines.

A 2nd ring as the starter would have given Simms a great shot at the HOF. IMO, it's his right to state his opinion on Eli & no one here should be bashing him for it. Especially any of you that were too young to have actually seen him play.

Eli cannot make plays on his own when a play is busted. He lacks the ability to just take off an run for the 1st down like Romo, Brees & Rogers can do.

Sometimes the field is wide open in front of him & he'll still be looking for an open reciever! Just take off an run! I think that was one of the reasons Simms bashed him. Those other QBs can beat you with both their arms & legs, Eli can only beat teams with his arm.

Simms didn't have alot of 4th qt comeback wins cuz the Giants D back then didn't blow leads like this current D seems to do these past few yrs. Back then, if the G-men had a 21-10 lead going into the 4th, you knew the game was over, not so with this D.

Really could give a crap bout this "elite" status...much prefer the "clutch" title myself. I just want Eli to become "clutch" when in the RZ & get his team some early scores before the half & stop putting so much pressure on the D to keep the game low scoring. Asides from the Panthers, 9ers Cowboys rematch game, we hardly ever go into the half leading comfortably. And we almost blew the Boys game.

Look at NE vs Indy today, they never take their pedal of the gas! Huge lead on the Colts & they just keep attacking, attacking on O, we have like a 10 pt lead & get all conservative & kick Fgs & before you know it, a blowout turns into a last second struggle for a win.

The 9ers/2nd Boys games come to mind, could have been huge blowouts but our OC gets conservative in the RZ & we start settling for 3s when a few 7s would turn the game into a route. 9ers game should not even have been as close as the final score indictates. Same for the Boys game, Eli & the O couldn't come thru with all the numerous turnovers & short field that the D provided them in both games. So goes Eli, so goes the Giants.

Eli needs to get going!
    Well said my man.

You're point about 'clutch' being able to score in the red zone is spot on.

Closed Thread