Closed Thread
Page 74 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Hey how about that! I get respect! Haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Except for you.....
    As they said ages ago in grade school, no take backs!

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I love Eli and what he has accomplished with the Giants. But my honest opinion out of the top QBs currently in the NFL Eli comes up with the worst games at times then any of them and thats his whole issue when comparing. I am talking Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, Ben, Ryan..(no particular order)
    And that is not a bad thing. We're lucky to have Eli as our QB. This thread is really just about keeping things in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Joe Namath played for the NY Jets! That he was able to help them win their only SB in their history is reason enough for me to vote him into the HOF!
    They didnt know that 5 years after he retired. That reason is non factor......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    As they said ages ago in grade school, no take backs!
    lol whatever you say gumbster

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    You do have supporters on here. I don't think you said anything out of line.
    thanx...i try to come in here with facts , stats , reasoning , humor , sarcasm , humility and common sense.
    that's probably where i go wrong ..ha-ha.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Banned
    Utter nonsense.

How's this one - on the biggest stage of them all, the man put on a clinic. If that wasn't an all-time clutch performance I don't know what is.

Let me remind you that #11 is retired along with just ten other player's jerseys. Phil Simms is an all-time great Giant.

And the few of you on here taking shots at him look down right shallow in your retaliation of of those petty words about Eli. Think about it, Phil simply stated Eli wasn't one of the greatest QB's of all time. That's what the man said, and now a few of you guys have turned that into some sort of insult and now are all offended. This is just ridiculous.

And one last thought on this 'clutch' issue. Ever consider the fact that our team finds itself in a position of having to win it in the end so often is not necessarily a positive thing?
    I didnít take any pot shots at Phil Simms. Eli Manning is more clutch than Phil Simms was.

We are often in the position to have to come back in 4th quarter because of our piss poor defense.

On the biggest stage of all, SuperBowl XLVI, Eli Manning did more than put on a clinic. He was purely brilliant in the way he played and dictated that game. He knew he had to keep Tom Brady on the sidelines and that is exactly what he did by leading NY Giants offense to control TOP for almost 38 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    you are correct...but someone's else's post said that it was the defenses poor play
    that resulted in Eli's having to perform an MVP comeback.
    i defended the defense and pointed out the over-all ineptitude of the offense.
    which is the truth.
    then the Eli homers started jumping in ....

you climbed on board way later after things started getting twisted.
    if you really don't think that SB wasn't classic "David vs Goliath"
    and the defense was the slingshot.....then keep arguing with me.
    but that's the gist of it.

if you actually read the whole thread you will see that my original posts
    say that i like both players and that i thought Simms should STFU.
    and i haven't been comparing Simms vs Eli careers....
    only the SB performances were being discussed....which as i pointed
    out are one-sided in Phil's favor.

more gold for you. really.

I read the whole thread and it appears that as the thread wore on you may have adopted a purposefully provocative position in order to try to counter balance other posters (the cultists) who were arguing overly biased positions in the other direction.

Since I consider both positions incorrect I don't attach much credibility to either.

But I now understand where you're coming from and why..I didn't see that earlier with the original post to which I had responded. My bad.
    Last edited by Sarcasman; 11-18-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I read the whole thread and it appears that as the thread wore on you may have adopted a purposefully provocative position in order to try to counter balance other posters who were arguing overly biased positions in the other direction.

Since both are incorrect I don't attach much credibility to either.
    yes ... i was getting itchy trigger finger syndrome ...too many muggers all at once.
    i have since acknowledged as much and offered my apologies for shooting hastily.

but all my points were valid and factual.....and i won't recant any of that.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

That's weak. Webster made a great play to break up a pass that would have made things very interesting.

Plus, do you consider Eli's pass to Nicks vs Green Bay last year an actual drive?
    They cant all be winners

Of course it was a great play - the only thing im countering is that SB42 was won with an inept offense and completely on the D's back.

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post

but all my points were valid and factual.....and i won't recant any of that.

Well, I'm not going to go back and re-read them all to check that, besides from my perspective a bit of literary hyperbole to make a point never really hurt anyone.

Closed Thread