Closed Thread
Page 78 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If you use just 2011 to judge Eli, then you have a good case. All these things are true about our team last season. And if we saw a continuation of last years play, then you would have a case there too. But......
    -One season out of 9 isn't the standard.
    - if the play continued this season, you could make the argument that he has become a great QB. But he is playing like a rookie this year. 12 TD's and 11 picks are worse numbers than most NFL QB's this season. Its not a small drop off...its a huge one. And his poor plays are really bad. I mean real "shake your head" kind of bad.

I am very disappointed that he has played the way he has. I was actually starting to believe that he had become a much better QB. And BTW..as bad as his numbers are, they should be worse. He threw two passes in the hands of defenders at our near the attacking endzone in SF and in Dallas that should have been picked and run back for defensive TD's.

So we have to step back and take a look at the good and bad of Eli. His career so far in its entirety. What we see is a guy with flashes of greatness. A guy who put together two great playoff runs. A guy with a knack for late game greatness at times. But we also see a guy who is extremely inconsistent, who is capable still of horrendous play that only rookie QB's should have, and a guy who has a generally "uneven" level of play for 9 years.
    So I see a franchise QB, who has done some great things with us, but also has weaknesses and unbroken bad habits that keep him off the list of "elite" QB's.
    good point about the niner game, he got lucky on a few throws, but you could also say he should have at least one more td, considering the drop cruz had last week...but overall I agree

Boomer and Adam Schein were really giving it to Simms tonight on the Monday Quarterback show. Look, it was a knee-jerk comment by Simms, but he's still one of the greatest Giants QB's of all time and one of the nicest guys too. I gave him a pass on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    agreed about Eli playing poorly as of late, but I look at it this way and it is rather simple, Even though he has looked bad for several games, you still have to feel good in the fact that Eli Manning is the giants Qb come Sunday....Would it be a big deal if he out played A-rod on sunday? of course not, he has done it before on the biggest stage...The reason I have so much confidence in him is because we all know how hard he works and he has always found a way to get it fixed...Guy has never had a losing season, has been an all pro, great in playoffs, great on the road, as good as it gets late in games, and a 2 time super bowl MVP..my bet is on Eli this week.
    I agree, except I'm not sure what to expect this week. The team has to show me something before I can feel comfortable that we are back on the right track.

But just imagine if the slide continues. This place will be ugly. Let's hope we are all in our happy place come Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I agree, except I'm not sure what to expect this week. The team has to show me something before I can feel comfortable that we are back on the right track.

But just imagine if the slide continues. This place will be ugly. Let's hope we are all in our happy place come Sunday night.
    Not sure if the Giants have that edge this year! They look too complacent!
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    Not sure if the Giants have that edge this year! They look too complacent!
    I'm not sure complacent is the right word, but it's on the right track.
    They are lacking something... focus? Belief in the goal?
    But, what you are talking about has nothing to do with Eli playing badly. If Eli plays better, we can win in spite of a lack of focus/urgency. But, we won't get through the playoffs.
    Are we kidding ourselves, or do we really think they're capable oof going all the way?
    Well, if you revisit the Carolina and 49er games, I'm convinced you'll see the best team in the NFL.
    Now, how do they regain that edge?
    I'd like to see a rookie, Wilson in particular, have a big important 4th Qtr. run to snap some people to attention... like Bradshaw did for us in 2007 against Buffalo. He came in and wouldn't let us lose. Not the same old 'Eli to the rescue', comeback win... but, a big run from scrimmage. We need some of that attitude that I think a run like that would help instill. For some reason TC isn't bringing it out of them.... something needs to snap them to attention.

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    I'm not sure complacent is the right word, but it's on the right track.
    They are lacking something... focus? Belief in the goal?
    But, what you are talking about has nothing to do with Eli playing badly. If Eli plays better, we can win in spite of a lack of focus/urgency. But, we won't get through the playoffs.
    Are we kidding ourselves, or do we really think they're capable oof going all the way?
    Well, if you revisit the Carolina and 49er games, I'm convinced you'll see the best team in the NFL.
    Now, how do they regain that edge?
    I'd like to see a rookie, Wilson in particular, have a big important 4th Qtr. run to snap some people to attention... like Bradshaw did for us in 2007 against Buffalo. He came in and wouldn't let us lose. Not the same old 'Eli to the rescue', comeback win... but, a big run from scrimmage. We need some of that attitude that I think a run like that would help instill. For some reason TC isn't bringing it out of them.... something needs to snap them to attention.
    Eli is not getting the protection he had gotten earlier and that is also making a difference! The pressure is forcing Eli into mistakes and Interceptions!
    Giants fan since '58

When Eli wins his 3rd SB MVP this year and becomes the undisputed GOAT, will this nonsense stop?

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    When Eli wins his 3rd SB MVP this year and becomes the undisputed GOAT, will this nonsense stop?
    nope..u will have miserable posters like MH, Buddy33, and harooni, trying to find fault with this QB..it gets old, but it will never stop

probably not.

but he will definitely be the scapeGOAT if he doesn't win it.

when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Oh, ye of little faith....

Closed Thread