Closed Thread
Page 82 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

All-Pro
    god as I remember it with Hoss we were just getting by teams "real close games" his numbers weren't that great....but I may be wrong.....I think we still win with Simms.....Hoss winning it cost Simms his job the next year no ? Hanley....I throught that was bull**** then him a Reeves didn't get along....I feel like Simms got ripped off for a couple years of playing time ....I like Hoss as a player also talk about tough he got killed in oakland

parden the butting in
    Last edited by byron; 11-20-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    god as I remember it with Hoss we were just getting by teams "real close games" his numbers weren't that great....but I may be wrong.....I think we still win with Simms.....Hoss winning it cost Simms his job the next year no ? Hanley....I throught that was bull**** then him a Reeves didn't get along....I feel like Simms got ripped off for a couple years of playing time ....I like Hoss as a player also talk about tough he got killed in oakland

parden the butting in
    I hated that they went with Hoss in 91 and 92 as well, not saying we would have won another superbowl but they would have made the playoffs in 91 with simms.

I think if Simms is our QB in SBXXV that Norwood wouldn't have been kicking that FG... we would have been up by more than a TD. Hoss was great, and I'm eternally grateful for the job he did... but, he managed the game and minimized his own mistakes. He was rarely on the attack. Short passing game, run the ball with Hoss. And, Hoss' mobility was a wrinkle other teams weren't prepared for, and he made a lot of great scrambles at big times.
    That might have been Phil's best year until he got hurt. Our offense was clicking nicely

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post

parden the butting in
    I've had arguments before about this. After Simms went down the Giants started running the ball more. Something I felt they needed to do and they probably wouldn't have if Simms was still there. But there was no way Simms should have lost his job to Hostetler over an injury.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    I hated that they went with Hoss in 91 and 92 as well, not saying we would have won another superbowl but they would have made the playoffs in 91 with simms.
    Yeah I think so to....Hoss could scramble out of trouble... Simms was a far better passer both were tough Parcell had stayed Simms would have been the man ... I like Hoss to but always felt Simms got screwed....

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    yeah I know the "legend" of Joe Nameth. But his stats suck......more losses than wins etc...
    but he is a legend and thats the only reason he is in....
    Anyone who questions Namath's greatness based soley on his stats, is missing the bigger picture..... and totally missing the point!

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    I've had arguments before about this. After Simms went down the Giants started running the ball more. Something I felt they needed to do and they probably wouldn't have if Simms was still there. But there was no way Simms should have lost his job to Hostetler over an injury.
    well that has a lot to do with the wizard Ray Hanley...."spelling'
    '

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Anyone who questions Namath's greatness based soley on his stats, is missing the bigger picture..... and totally missing the point!
    On the list of QB's you'd pick to lead your team in one big game, Namath is not in the first cut (first 10-12), understanding his remarkable SB victory.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If loving Morehead is wrong....you don't want to be right.

Plus everyone thinks you're Alec Baldwin. So not sure about any street cred.
    That's how I get them. They underestimate me and then I kill them softly

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    When Eli wins his 3rd SB MVP this year and becomes the undisputed GOAT, will this nonsense stop?

Presumptuous posts tend to rub me the wrong way. Concern about his recent play and our team's slide is not nonsense.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Closed Thread