Closed Thread
Page 103 of 149 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1489

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Plunkett has more picks then TDs and has a sub 53% comp.....
    also had only 25k+ yards
    By the time Eli's career ends he will have major stats and rings....he already has 30+K yards, almost 60% comp, and more TD's then picks...
    Like I said I love Simms and it was a different time in the NFL when he played. But to say Eli isnt as good of a QB is just not how I think about it. But thats just me.....
    its all good.......i never said Eli would not get there.....he probably will .....with more rings or stats.
    but if you were to stop the merry-go-round right now .....the answer is no.

and i never said either one was was better.....that's subjective , opinionated , and at least 100 pages debatable !! LOL

i did however , say that Phil is my favorite Giant of all time.....which is not debatable.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Eli Manning is fourth-fastest active QB to reach 200 career TD passes (132 games). Big bro Peyton was fastest (106)
    i dunno if thats accurate...but
    1 of 5 qbs to throw for 3k and 20 tds at least for 6 straight seasons, (eli is on 8th season straight i dunno how many qbs have done that id assume less than 5).

eli is a bonafide elite qb. every qb has a slump now and then. peyton manning threw 4 ints in three straight games in his final playing season at Indy. Brees has 23 ints in 2010, and has actually had quite a few games where he's thrown a game ending int. Rodgers has had a couple of very pedestrian games this season as he did his first yr starting. Big Ben has had some bad slumps himself. Each of these QBs is nonetheless awesome, and exceptional like 90% of the time.
    I couldnt believe it when I saw Skip Bayless and Rob Parker of all people say that Eli is def elite and has done too much for a few games to redefine him. I also found it interesting to learn Skip is close friends with Simms and said he felt that a big part of this was Simms ultra competiveness and knowing Eli was about to pass him on the TDs list and that hurt him a little. I had to check my ears when I heard that from Skip and Skip said he loved Phil as a player but that this comment was bc Phils ego was hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I saw that on FB..Its not even close to being true.

Elias Stat of the Day: Manning now has 200 touchdown passes, one more than Simms did in his Giants career. He is the fourth-quickest to 200 touchdown throws among active quarterbacks (132 games). Eli's brother got there fastest (106 games_.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    its all good.......i never said Eli would not get there.....he probably will .....with more rings or stats.
    but if you were to stop the merry-go-round right now .....the answer is no.

and i never said either one was was better.....that's subjective , opinionated , and at least 100 pages debatable !! LOL

i did however , say that Phil is my favorite Giant of all time.....which is not debatable.
    He is one of my faves too...without question. Rodney Hampton too...
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Eli Manning is fourth-fastest active QB to reach 200 career TD passes (132 games). Big bro Peyton was fastest (106)
    Dan Marino did it in 89 games I believe.

Eli is somewhere around 8 on the list.

Elias Stat of the Day: Manning now has 200 touchdown passes, one more than Simms did in his Giants career. He is the fourth-quickest to 200 touchdown throws among active quarterbacks (132 games). Eli's brother got there fastest (106 games_.
    Piffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Piffle.
    no "piffle"..lol
    the stat that was qouted previously was for actives....

OK its active QB's.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    OK its active QB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Dan Marino did it in 89 games I believe.

Eli is somewhere around 8 on the list.
    Mind blowing...

Closed Thread