Closed Thread
Page 112 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1489

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

  1. #1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Only because the combatants are amazing.
    "The Amazing Morehead State" - has a nice ring to it

  2. #1112
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,799
    Quote Originally Posted by geonyg View Post
    exactly
    ....in a good way.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #1113
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    27,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm an army of 1.
    My mission......To keep the glorious memory of Phil Simms fresh in the minds of my fellow MB posters....and to make sure that we all be realistic about Eli.......... That he's a fine player but not one of the greats of this era.
    So its about stats, and not results?

  4. #1114
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,799
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    So its about stats, and not results?
    Its about whatever I say its about Dezzy.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #1115
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Bottom line is that Eli is (in my view) the sixth best QB in the NFL. I suppose an argument can be made that he's fifth best. I would disagree but even if I concede that....Is the fifth best QB in the league "elite"?
    I don't think so. But I suppose everyone has a right to their opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm an army of 1.
    My mission......To keep the glorious memory of Phil Simms fresh in the minds of my fellow MB posters....and to make sure that we all be realistic about Eli.......... That he's a fine player but not one of the greats of this era.
    I would say that the 6th best qb in the league, with two Super Bowl wins, two Super Bowl MVP awards, and many other accolades would be considered one of the greats of the era. The word elite really is meaningless, and my argument has never been that he is elite, I do think that he is one of the best qbs in the league, and the best qb the Giants have ever had, just my opinion.

    A qb can be elite from game to game, was Rodgers last game "elite"? How about Payton's three pick performance earlier in the year? The different things that play into each of those games and the outcomes also are rarely taken into consideration. Against the Steelers our line could do barely anything to stop the pressure from getting to Manning. You commented somewhere about the int he threw right into the arms of the linebacker in the Washington game, it is really impossible to know why he did not see the player there, throwing lanes not being open, under pressure, the play breaking down, it could be any multiple of things. Im not making an excuse for the throw or the outcome, bad decision to throw it, but I am saying that to just lay the blame on the fact that he did not see him is really not looking at the play fully. I don't really care if people think Eli is elite or not, but I do think that when he has beaten some of the best qbs in the game on the biggest stages multiple times, that a good amount of credit is due.

  6. #1116
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm an army of 1.
    My mission......To keep the glorious memory of Phil Simms fresh in the minds of my fellow MB posters....and to make sure that we all be realistic about Eli.......... That he's a fine player but not one of the greats of this era.
    I was watching the Giants well before Phil ever hit the scene.

    Eli is SOOOOOO much better then Phil was.

    Is Eli *the* best QB ever? No, certainly not.

    Is he "elite"? Subjective to be sure, but I believe he is.

    Does Phil have sour grapes? Maybe a bit.

    Does Phil throw up controversial talking points like this to keep his name relevant like almost any other analyst and commentator? Definitely.

    Ironically, in 20 years, you'll be talking about Eli in the same manner you're talking about Simms now, and decrying (for "realists" sake) the hot new kid on the block.

    I'm on to you!

  7. #1117
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Dline83 View Post
    I would say that the 6th best qb in the league, with two Super Bowl wins, two Super Bowl MVP awards, and many other accolades would be considered one of the greats of the era. The word elite really is meaningless, and my argument has never been that he is elite, I do think that he is one of the best qbs in the league, and the best qb the Giants have ever had, just my opinion.

    A qb can be elite from game to game, was Rodgers last game "elite"? How about Payton's three pick performance earlier in the year? The different things that play into each of those games and the outcomes also are rarely taken into consideration. Against the Steelers our line could do barely anything to stop the pressure from getting to Manning. You commented somewhere about the int he threw right into the arms of the linebacker in the Washington game, it is really impossible to know why he did not see the player there, throwing lanes not being open, under pressure, the play breaking down, it could be any multiple of things. Im not making an excuse for the throw or the outcome, bad decision to throw it, but I am saying that to just lay the blame on the fact that he did not see him is really not looking at the play fully. I don't really care if people think Eli is elite or not, but I do think that when he has beaten some of the best qbs in the game on the biggest stages multiple times, that a good amount of credit is due.
    As i said, everyone has a right to their opinion. To me "elite" is the best of the best. 6th best doesn't qualify. If it was 6th out of 100? Maybe. 6th out of 32? I don't think so.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #1118
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    As i said, everyone has a right to their opinion. To me "elite" is the best of the best. 6th best doesn't qualify. If it was 6th out of 100? Maybe. 6th out of 32? I don't think so.
    Name the 5 better than Eli.

    *goes off to pop some popcorn*

  9. #1119
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Name the 5 better than Eli.

    *goes off to pop some popcorn*
    You figure it out.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #1120
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You figure it out.
    Thought so.

    Chicken ****.

Closed Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts