Closed Thread
Page 112 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1489

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Only because the combatants are amazing.
    "The Amazing Morehead State" - has a nice ring to it

Quote Originally Posted by geonyg View Post
    exactly
    ....in a good way.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I'm an army of 1.
    My mission......To keep the glorious memory of Phil Simms fresh in the minds of my fellow MB posters....and to make sure that we all be realistic about Eli.......... That he's a fine player but not one of the greats of this era.
    So its about stats, and not results?

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    So its about stats, and not results?
    Its about whatever I say its about Dezzy.

Bench Player
    Bottom line is that Eli is (in my view) the sixth best QB in the NFL. I suppose an argument can be made that he's fifth best. I would disagree but even if I concede that....Is the fifth best QB in the league "elite"?
    I don't think so. But I suppose everyone has a right to their opinion.
    I'm an army of 1.
    My mission......To keep the glorious memory of Phil Simms fresh in the minds of my fellow MB posters....and to make sure that we all be realistic about Eli.......... That he's a fine player but not one of the greats of this era.
    I would say that the 6th best qb in the league, with two Super Bowl wins, two Super Bowl MVP awards, and many other accolades would be considered one of the greats of the era. The word elite really is meaningless, and my argument has never been that he is elite, I do think that he is one of the best qbs in the league, and the best qb the Giants have ever had, just my opinion.

A qb can be elite from game to game, was Rodgers last game "elite"? How about Payton's three pick performance earlier in the year? The different things that play into each of those games and the outcomes also are rarely taken into consideration. Against the Steelers our line could do barely anything to stop the pressure from getting to Manning. You commented somewhere about the int he threw right into the arms of the linebacker in the Washington game, it is really impossible to know why he did not see the player there, throwing lanes not being open, under pressure, the play breaking down, it could be any multiple of things. Im not making an excuse for the throw or the outcome, bad decision to throw it, but I am saying that to just lay the blame on the fact that he did not see him is really not looking at the play fully. I don't really care if people think Eli is elite or not, but I do think that when he has beaten some of the best qbs in the game on the biggest stages multiple times, that a good amount of credit is due.

I'm an army of 1.
    I was watching the Giants well before Phil ever hit the scene.

Eli is SOOOOOO much better then Phil was.

Is Eli *the* best QB ever? No, certainly not.

Is he "elite"? Subjective to be sure, but I believe he is.

Does Phil have sour grapes? Maybe a bit.

Does Phil throw up controversial talking points like this to keep his name relevant like almost any other analyst and commentator? Definitely.

Ironically, in 20 years, you'll be talking about Eli in the same manner you're talking about Simms now, and decrying (for "realists" sake) the hot new kid on the block.

I'm on to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dline83 View Post
    I would say that the 6th best qb in the league, with two Super Bowl wins, two Super Bowl MVP awards, and many other accolades would be considered one of the greats of the era. The word elite really is meaningless, and my argument has never been that he is elite, I do think that he is one of the best qbs in the league, and the best qb the Giants have ever had, just my opinion.

A qb can be elite from game to game, was Rodgers last game "elite"? How about Payton's three pick performance earlier in the year? The different things that play into each of those games and the outcomes also are rarely taken into consideration. Against the Steelers our line could do barely anything to stop the pressure from getting to Manning. You commented somewhere about the int he threw right into the arms of the linebacker in the Washington game, it is really impossible to know why he did not see the player there, throwing lanes not being open, under pressure, the play breaking down, it could be any multiple of things. Im not making an excuse for the throw or the outcome, bad decision to throw it, but I am saying that to just lay the blame on the fact that he did not see him is really not looking at the play fully. I don't really care if people think Eli is elite or not, but I do think that when he has beaten some of the best qbs in the game on the biggest stages multiple times, that a good amount of credit is due.
    As i said, everyone has a right to their opinion. To me "elite" is the best of the best. 6th best doesn't qualify. If it was 6th out of 100? Maybe. 6th out of 32? I don't think so.

As i said, everyone has a right to their opinion. To me "elite" is the best of the best. 6th best doesn't qualify. If it was 6th out of 100? Maybe. 6th out of 32? I don't think so.
    Name the 5 better than Eli.

*goes off to pop some popcorn*

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Name the 5 better than Eli.

*goes off to pop some popcorn*
    You figure it out.

You figure it out.
    Thought so.

Chicken ****.

Closed Thread