Phil played in a defense only league. Eli plays in an offense only league.
Otherwise I agree on your points ... up to now. However *now* is half a career.
P.S. - Rodgers has thrown for less than 4k yards almost as many times has he's thrown for more than 4k yards
How many games has Eli had this season where he was consistently "elite" throughout the entire 60 minutes? I'd say he did fantastic against the Browns (That 1 INT was blatant PI) and had a great 2nd half against TB but he has been too inconsistent for my tastes at this point otherwise. I'd grade him at above average against the Pack since some of those short throw incompletions were just downright atrocious.
3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick
1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF
Rodgers would not be in the HoF.
Or do you dispute that?
And you also made my point.
In any event, I think Simms was just throwing up **** to see what would stick (he hasn't been this talked about since 86). If you truly don't think Eli is elite, then cool. As a Giants fan, I'll enjoy my little bit of self induced nirvana