Closed Thread
Page 117 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1489

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Eli has legendary moments but he's not like a Marino, Peyton, or Brady that you can insert almost any gametape and expect to be wowed by fireworks if that makes sense. Rodgers and Brees are there as well but they need more championships.

wow.... 117 pages

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Tell that to Marino, Kelly, Montana and Elway.

Definitely a different league back then but let's not pretend it was 1932 either.
    Marino couldn't win in that league, and Elway couldn't win until the shift from defense to offense happened. Kelly and Montana are the outliers though Kelly dominated a terrible AFC and then got demolished by the NFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    Marino couldn't win in that league, and Elway couldn't win until the shift from defense to offense happened. Kelly and Montana are the outliers though Kelly dominated a terrible AFC and then got demolished by the NFC.
    Are you insane? Marino had 3 losing records in 17 years and Elway went to 5 SBs (incidentally the shift from defense to offense didn't happen until after Y2K and the new receiver rules).

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Are you insane? Marino had 3 losing records in 17 years and Elway went to 5 SBs (incidentally the shift from defense to offense didn't happen until after Y2K and the new receiver rules).
    Yeah Marino's hand has a lot of rings on it.... Elway also dominated a terrible AFC. The AFC couldn't compete with the NFC back then. Those guys couldn't beat teams with good defenses when it mattered or else Elway would have more than 2 rings, Marino would have more than 0, and Kelly would have more than 0. Montana was the outlier, though that team was one of the greatest in history... Romo would have won super bowls on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    To Brees' credit, his defense is the worst in the league and he STILL got his. Brady still got his in his loss against the seahawks. Even though Rodgers started off 1-3, his stats in those games weren't bad and were posted earlier in thread. You mention those 3 QB's losing to sorry QBs. How about Eli losing to Rex Grosman last year TWICE and Vince Young!!!!! Anyways, you seriously need to get Eli's nuts out of your mouth and see things for what they are. None of those guys went on a 1 td and 6 int slump in any of their games. 1td and 6 ints in a four game stretch is Sanchez like. Just because I don't think Eli is an elite QB doesn't mean that I think he is great QB and a future hall of fame player. He is my guy, but I am not blind to his poor play at times.
    Bumping this post because I OWNED Gentlegiant with it
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Eli has legendary moments but he's not like a Marino, Peyton, or Brady that you can insert almost any gametape and expect to be wowed by fireworks if that makes sense. Rodgers and Brees are there as well but they need more championships.
    Define "legendary moments" You mean throwing 6 touchdowns a game? or..

Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    wow.... 117 pages
    I think this thread has Legend of Seawright potential
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Define "legendary moments" You mean throwing 6 touchdowns a game? or..
    Tyree Helmet Catch, Manningham pass to the sidelines, somehow not falling into two pieces against the 49ers pass rush...things like that. As of now, he won't be forgotten in NFL lore though people will say "Yeah, he had those moments but he was too inconsistent on a game to game basis".

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Tyree Helmet Catch, Manningham pass to the sidelines, somehow not falling into two pieces against the 49ers pass rush...things like that. As of now, he won't be forgotten in NFL lore though people will say "Yeah, he had those moments but he was too inconsistent on a game to game basis".
    But what does that have to do with him being a good quarter back? Not every quarter back is going to have legendary moments in every game. Peyton certainly didn't look legendary against the chiefs this past week, or Aaron Rodgers against us, or Drew Brees against San Fran.

Let's go.

Closed Thread