Closed Thread
Page 147 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1489

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post

We need to stop this back and forth and just be happy Eli got it. because 5-6 years ago i was pretty worried he was a doof.
    Eli's no doof. We have only one doof, and he's on this message board.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    This is why you are a ****. Quote me on this comment or shut the **** up.

I brought up the the recent throws to Hyno and Ahamd and asked you to comment. Here's your chance.

I'm going to ignore the nonsense in this quote and address Brees last night. How many times has Brees played like that?

You could never put me down son.

Name one football player or coach that believes Eli is a master at QB, and quote him.

I'd probably rank Eli as the lowest "pure" passer of the greatest QB's I've ever seen in my 30+ years of watching pro football.
    ur incapable of just talking football. alright then. just wondered why you stated several times eli is not and will not be a great passer...whatever that means lmao.

edit- and just fyi, this last week leading to the gb game, aj hawk was on nfl network talking about how eli has mastered the qb position and can carve them up. tc and kg obviously. id prob say every coach whose played against eli feel he has mastery of the qb position.
    and so again, ur def of not being great is a misthrow? like eli misthrew hyno? ok. well then there are no great qbs. i dont know how much of other qbs u actually do watch, but i think ud be surprised with just how many bad passes are thrown from every qb in the league by ur reaction to some of elis misthrows. didnt brady overthrow everyone by 30 yds in the sb for a safety? is he not great bc of that misthrow?
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 12-01-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    ur incapable of just talking football. alright then. just wondered why you stated several times eli is not and will not be a great passer...whatever that means lmao.

lmao. thanks 4 ur response to the hyno and bradshaw passes....you disingenuous prick. It's been fun.
    Last edited by Roosevelt; 12-01-2012 at 12:54 AM.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

This is why you are a ****. Quote me on this comment or shut the **** up.I brought up the the recent throws to Hyno and Ahamd and asked you to comment. Here's your chance.I'm going to ignore the nonsense in this quote and address Brees last night. How many times has Brees played like that?You could never put me down son.Name one football player or coach that believes Eli is a master at QB, and quote him.I'd probably rank Eli as the lowest "pure" passer of the greatest QB's I've ever seen in my 30+ years of watching pro football.
    Rodney Harrison in the beginning of the year said Eli Manning was the best quarterback.

Banned
    It is amazing that a 2 time SuperBowl MVP that has numerous NY Giant as well as NFL passing records and is without a doubt The Greatest QB in NY Giants history is continually called average to below average and put down by members of his teams fanbase.

For shame.

For shame.

Years from now when Eli Manning retires and is no longer a NY Giant, you folks will be missing him terribly. Count on it.
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 12-01-2012 at 01:13 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    It is amazing that a 2 time SuperBowl MVP that has numerous NY Giant as well as NFL passing records and is without a doubt The Greatest QB in NY Giants history is continually called average to below average and put down by members of his teams fanbase.

For shame.

For shame.

Years from now when Eli Manning retires and is no longer a NY Giant, you folks will be missing him terribly. Count on it.
    I agree. Eli is sometimes treated on the board here as if he is a red-headed step cousin. I say enjoy his success because his success is our success. I am grateful we have a qb who can get the job done. No offense to anyone.
    Last edited by ashleymarie; 12-01-2012 at 01:32 AM. Reason: sic

I wish this thread would just die already.....

Banned
    It is amazing how some folks just wait in the wings for Eli to have some bad games so they can run out and point fingers. It is even more amazing that these folks are NY Giants fans. Sure Eli Manning is off and is still not fully out of his slump yet but we are 7-4 and he has thrown for almost 3,000 yards. He is almost out of his slump and will soon light it up. Count on it.I find it even more amazing that people question Eli's toughness. The guy has never missed a game and can take a beating and still excel better than any other QB in football. Folks need to pay attention and appreciate that Eli Manning is our QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Rodney Harrison in the beginning of the year said Eli Manning was the best quarterback.
    I saw an interview with him the other day and he still said the same thing. Pretty high praise from a defensive back.

Bench Player
    This is why you are a ****. Quote me on this comment or shut the **** up.

I brought up the the recent throws to Hyno and Ahamd and asked you to comment. Here's your chance.

I'm going to ignore the nonsense in this quote and address Brees last night. How many times has Brees played like that?

You could never put me down son.

Name one football player or coach that believes Eli is a master at QB, and quote him.

I'd probably rank Eli as the lowest "pure" passer of the greatest QB's I've ever seen in my 30+ years of watching pro football.
    Bree's has had a few games just in this season where he has made bad throws, and bad decisions. He made a throw to the rb that was a bullet and was dropped and he was way shot of an open wr when he had a clean pocket to throw from. I've made multiple posts pointing this out...

Before the game Rodney Harrison said he thought Eli was the best qb in the game. Tom Coughlin has said Eli is elite, and almost every player when asked about Manning says complimentary things.

I just don't understand some of the things you state. Why do you view Eli as the lowest pure passer of the greats in the last 30 years, once again it seems like your making kind of a reach there, and either way he is still playing, what would you have said about Simms after 8 seasons?

Closed Thread