Closed Thread
Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149
Results 1,481 to 1,489 of 1489

Thread: Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Cool Come on guys- Phil Simms is not present day Giants fan, even during his career he

played GRUMPY......Then Wellington cut him loose

He respects Eli but has no love for the Giants organization

He seems to like New England (his old DC- Bellicheck).....He also seems to like SFO, Pittsburg, Jets

If he does like a particular NFL team (as is a fan) I'd like to know who it is

Get over his comments about Eli..........Phil wants us to flop back to the mediocrity he found us in when he reported to his 1st Giants training camp.

Geroge, Parcells, Bellicheck and Phil pulled us out of a 20 year tailspin.......he likes those Giants teams of the 80's

He is our less vocal "Joe Namath".......Phil cannot relate to the present day Giants and likely does not have a close friend in the entire organization except perhaps John Mara, who's Dad (deceased) stepped in and challenged his uncle Wellington to turn over control to real football people- Roselle settles the family feud by recommending George Young to take over football operations.........George drafted LT and Phil promoted Parcells and the rest is history
    Last edited by BParcells777; 12-01-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    did u write this urself? thats a damn good write up if u did. i think its a little unfair to simms, but its answered some of the questions here...
    I put it together this morning, there are a bunch more comments out there, but I got tired of searching...

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    no doubt...many things have been said over and over....
    itsf fun to read. Several pages back I called it the HOUSEWIVES OF THE GIANTS MESSAGE BOARDS.....HOGMB......LOL
    It is funny to read. I am always interested in which threads generate energy. That is where the divide is greatest and the passion runs deepest. Even if the topic doesn't interest me, it clearly stokes the fire in many. That's what makes it very interesting to me.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Eli is more polarizing then Tebow......lol
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    ...........as I said about 40 pages ago, this thread has some amazing legs given the fact that it is more or less a retread topic.
    Go Blue!!
    As I said 85 pages ago, ah hmm! I forgot!
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    It is amazing how some folks just wait in the wings for Eli to have some bad games so they can run out and point fingers. It is even more amazing that these folks are NY Giants fans. Sure Eli Manning is off and is still not fully out of his slump yet but we are 7-4 and he has thrown for almost 3,000 yards. He is almost out of his slump and will soon light it up. Count on it.I find it even more amazing that people question Eli's toughness. The guy has never missed a game and can take a beating and still excel better than any other QB in football. Folks need to pay attention and appreciate that Eli Manning is our QB.
    this^^^^

Question

Could we kill this post?
    "There is winning and there is Misery"

Quote Originally Posted by mike kennedy View Post
    Could we kill this post?
    It was almost dead until....

You're right.

Simms seems to be scorned after Hostettler took over and won that superbowl.Then shortly after that he was cut.What makes it worse is when Eli won 2 superbowls and Simms is saying he is not an elite QB.Not to mention Eli just broke his record for most touchdown passes.Also has anybody realize that after Simms was cut he takes on being an announcer for channel 2 I believe for the Jets games.Maybe channel 2 paid him more (dont know) but being an ex Giant why wouldnt you want to announce giant games (dont know if he was approach with it) but it just seems as if he didnt want anything to do with them after he left.Just my opinion.
    "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

Closed Thread