Closed Thread
Page 106 of 149 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1489
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    ehh not really....see how many rushing TDs there were as well....Not saying this is the deal with Eli but you get the idea.
    A QB in thier prime in this pass friendly league, should be at or near 2 to 1. If you look at the best QB's now, they are all much better than 2 to 1. Obviously their are other factors. A guy who doesn't throw a lot of passes can have a good ratio and not be especially productive. But Eli lives in a passing offense. 15 TD's and 11 picks is poor. Its not mediocre...its poor for a 9 year vet in a pass first offense.
    I do give both Eli and Cutler a bit of slack in this because there are other factors. In Cutler's case, he's running for his life all the time withthe worst O lin in football and has only one real WR to throw to. In Eli's case he has a knack for the clutch and has 2 SB's in his pocket.
    But the reality is that he really hasn't played well this season. He's had spurts, but on average its been a down year so far.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    A QB in thier prime in this pass friendly league, should be at or near 2 to 1. If you look at the best QB's now, they are all much better than 2 to 1. Obviously their are other factors. A guy who doesn't throw a lot of passes can have a good ratio and not be especially productive. But Eli lives in a passing offense. 15 TD's and 11 picks is poor. Its not mediocre...its poor for a 9 year vet in a pass first offense.
    I do give both Eli and Cutler a bit of slack in this because there are other factors. In Cutler's case, he's running for his life all the time withthe worst O lin in football and has only one real WR to throw to. In Eli's case he has a knack for the clutch and has 2 SB's in his pocket.
    But the reality is that he really hasn't played well this season. He's had spurts, but on average its been a down year so far.
    I know I watch football. No need to explain....lol
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I know I watch football. No need to explain....lol
    Morehead's in a rambling mood today.

Morehead's in a rambling mood today.
    all good....just busting.
    It does infuriate me, as well as all Giants fans, when Eli look lost. I dont get it. I wonder if he even knows why?? Either way there are far more good days then bad.
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

all good....just busting.
    It does infuriate me, as well as all Giants fans, when Eli look lost. I dont get it. I wonder if he even knows why?? Either way there are far more good days then bad.
    There are.

But is that the standard for greatness anymore? ...........More good days than bad days?

Hey GT,

What's up with that Bear-shark-octopus eating signature of yours?
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    It's my own definition, not the criteria of the actual HoF. Favre will make the HoF. But if it were up to me he wouldn't.
    why??
    20 years from now, if you can answer the question (in a heartbeat), "who's was the standout QB at that time period" or "who was the QB that had the wow factor", then he'd belong. Marino, Montana, Peyton, Brady all standout. In the early 90's and and early 2000's was there any QB that really blew your mind? It was a dead period of QBs as far as I'm concerned. If I had to choose a QB, it would be Randall Cunningham. Not because he was the best QB but he was pretty amazing and revolutionary at his position. Same thing with Bo Jackson.

When I go visit the HoF, I want to look at each player and be wowed. It's like comparing Matt Ryan and RG3. Ryan while putting great numbers is very vanilla - boring. Nothing special. RG3 - people will remember.

Edit: Hmm ..maybe Favre would belong ...

A QB in thier prime in this pass friendly league, should be at or near 2 to 1. If you look at the best QB's now, they are all much better than 2 to 1.
    I think 2 to 1 is a little strict. Using 7 current QB's with a few years in the league, with a .50 representing a 2 to 1 ratio, my math shows Rodgers at .281, Brady at .375, Peyton at .482, Brees and Rivers tied at .509, Ben at .58 and Eli at .696. There may be others with several years in the league at or below 2 to 1, but I didn't check them all.

You are correct that QB's in this age have better ratings as a whole. The 7 past QB's I checked are: Steve Young at .464, Montana at .510, Marino at .60, Elway at .756, Phil at .791, Aikman at .857 and Terry Bardshaw at 1.00.

My in-depth analysis is that Eli throws too many picks and he's still my favorite quarterback.

Forget your Stats..forget the hype...forget the media...forget your own 'IMHO"

Eli gives us a chance to win the SB each year...

that's good enough for me...

There are.

But is that the standard for greatness anymore? ...........More good days than bad days?
    no its not but its Eli's way....its his way of greatness...lol