Closed Thread
Page 115 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1489
  1. #1141
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.56 View Post
    to me peyton is the arguably the greatest quarterback in the history of the nfl. the way he commands an offense and the numbers he has put up so far in his career are just amazing. look how well he is doing with denver even after being out for over a year. he could easily be the nfl mvp this year in my opinion. so many people thought he made the wrong choice in picking denver over san fran cause denver is a cold weather city and they are not nearly a contender as san fran is and so far peyton has proved all those people wrong.
    I really think he didn't go to SF because of Harbaugh. Not that Harbaugh doesn't know his stuff because he's a good football coach.
    But he's just a tad nuts. And I think that fact, plus Elway in Denver, made his decision for him.
    Get well soon 80.

  2. #1142
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Look as far as I'm concerned there is Brady and Peyton, then a big drop off to Rodgers and Brees, then another big drop off to Eli and Ben. But there are a few nipping at Ben and Eli's heels.
    Thats the hierarchy as far as I'm concerned.
    I don't give a **** what you call any of them. "Elite", "Great"....whatever.
    I'm just using your own words...and I do think there is a big difference between calling someone elite or saying that he is not one of the greatest qbs playing of his time. Two rings, and having two of the greatest postseason runs in our franchises history in my eyes qualify Eli being called one of the greats of his time.

  3. #1143
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I really think he didn't go to SF because of Harbaugh. Not that Harbaugh doesn't know his stuff because he's a good football coach.
    But he's just a tad nuts. And I think that fact, plus Elway in Denver, made his decision for him.
    Agreed....Harbaugh has the "postal" look all the time. He is a time bomb....imagine if his team sucked??

    I think he has more than a few screws loose. No way Peyton could take over the offense there....no way.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  4. #1144
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    There are about 8 (all Giants fans) who would put Eli over any of those 3 guys. Looks like you are one of them.

    To say that our guy is as good as Peyton, Brees or Rodgers just defies logic. Thats not a knock on Eli because those guys are just flat great.

    You do know it takes more than a QB to win a SB.....Right?
    Anyone putting Rodgers into this discussion is just reacting on the last game played. He wasn't a starting QB until 2008 and he just doesn't have the total resume to make a comparison like that yet. Granted, if he continues on the way he has been he will definitely eclipse most (if not all) of the players mentioned, but let's wait until he gets there first. Lots of QBs over the course of history have fallen into that category.

    Peyton: I've always liked clutch QBs over stat guys (one of the reasons I think Montana is a better QB than Marino, stats aside). Peyton very much reminds me of Dan Marino and has been more successful. However, if given the option for a big game, I take Eli every time (just like I'd take Montana over Marino every time except maybe in a QB competition).

    Brees: This is a bit tougher. Better stats but half the rings. I like Brees better than Peyton or Rodgers (resume wise), however his one ring was more due to a pick-6 then his own heroics (which is not to say he didn't play very well in that Super Bowl mind you). I think you could make a very good argument for Brees being better than Eli, but given Eli's heroic wins, again I favor the clutch performer. That and I'll readily admit that I'm being a homer here.

    Roflberger: He suffers a bit from the same problem that Eli does ... he doesn't look like a prototypical QB when he's doing his thing and he doesn't have the outrageous stats that someone not familiar with how he plays would ogle over. However Ben (as is being shown now) is a winner and sometimes wins and rings are the biggest stats there are. In this regard, Roflberger is definitely in the Top 3 in the league.

    As for your "takes more than a QB to win a SB ...", don't be a straw man. You as well as I know that the QB is the single most influential component to a SB winning team (especially in the current climate of the NFL).

    Having said all that, all the QBs mentioned are today's top QBs (no matter what order you want to put them in) and the fact that we can have this conversation is a testament to the fact that Eli, is indeed ... elite.

  5. #1145
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I really think he didn't go to SF because of Harbaugh. Not that Harbaugh doesn't know his stuff because he's a good football coach.
    But he's just a tad nuts. And I think that fact, plus Elway in Denver, made his decision for him.
    Agreed ... that and I think Harbaugh believes he was a better QB (or comparable) to Peyton *laugh*

  6. #1146
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Anyone putting Rodgers into this discussion is just reacting on the last game played. He wasn't a starting QB until 2008 and he just doesn't have the total resume to make a comparison like that yet. Granted, if he continues on the way he has been he will definitely eclipse most (if not all) of the players mentioned, but let's wait until he gets there first. Lots of QBs over the course of history have fallen into that category.

    Peyton: I've always liked clutch QBs over stat guys (one of the reasons I think Montana is a better QB than Marino, stats aside). Peyton very much reminds me of Dan Marino and has been more successful. However, if given the option for a big game, I take Eli every time (just like I'd take Montana over Marino every time except maybe in a QB competition).

    Brees: This is a bit tougher. Better stats but half the rings. I like Brees better than Peyton or Rodgers (resume wise), however his one ring was more due to a pick-6 then his own heroics (which is not to say he didn't play very well in that Super Bowl mind you). I think you could make a very good argument for Brees being better than Eli, but given Eli's heroic wins, again I favor the clutch performer. That and I'll readily admit that I'm being a homer here.

    Roflberger: He suffers a bit from the same problem that Eli does ... he doesn't look like a prototypical QB when he's doing his thing and he doesn't have the outrageous stats that someone not familiar with how he plays would ogle over. However Ben (as is being shown now) is a winner and sometimes wins and rings are the biggest stats there are. In this regard, Roflberger is definitely in the Top 3 in the league.

    As for your "takes more than a QB to win a SB ...", don't be a straw man. You as well as I know that the QB is the single most influential component to a SB winning team (especially in the current climate of the NFL).

    Having said all that, all the QBs mentioned are today's top QBs (no matter what order you want to put them in) and the fact that we can have this conversation is a testament to the fact that Eli, is indeed ... elite.
    A Superbowl win and a league MVP. Plus unGodly numbers....thats a pretty good resume.
    Get well soon 80.

  7. #1147
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Agreed ... that and I think Harbaugh believes he was a better QB (or comparable) to Peyton *laugh*
    I will say this about Harbaugh...I don't know what got into him but for one season, he was a great QB.
    Get well soon 80.

  8. #1148
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    A Superbowl win and a league MVP. Plus unGodly numbers....thats a pretty good resume.
    Rodgers doesn't have ungodly numbers ... yet. He's on an ungodly pace ... there's a difference.

    And it's a great resume ... just not as full as the aforementioned QBs.

  9. #1149
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I will say this about Harbaugh...I don't know what got into him but for one season, he was a great QB.
    Yep ... but so was Mark Rypien and a couple of dozen other unremarkable QBs.

  10. #1150
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Rodgers doesn't have ungodly numbers ... yet. He's on an ungodly pace ... there's a difference.

    And it's a great resume ... just not as full as the aforementioned QBs.
    There is?

    OK lets put it this way....Every season, he's had unGodly numbers. I mean the guy has never NOT thrown for 4000 yards. And he's not in any dome up there.
    Get well soon 80.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts