Closed Thread
Page 120 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1489
  1. #1191
    Don't forget the original debate was whether Eli was "elite" or not ... I think all this talk kind of proves that he is.

    Back to our tangent ... I'd think Eli would need one more SB win to cement his place in the best of the best conversation. Plus another couple of standout seasons comparable stat wise to 2011.

    Note: Eli won the first SB MVP based on the throw to Tyree and considering it was the game winning drive and it was mostly pass driven, deserves the MVP. I don't think it was controversial at all (and I do agree that the dline and/or Tuck was just as deserving).

  2. #1192
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    He has one more than SB his big bro. Peyton could have had two but will be remembered as choking it away. You can't debate that one. Threw it right to the defender for a death pick six...

    And while Tom may be considered better, Eli still beat him in the big one multiple times. So yeah, he very well could be mentioned along with them. The regular season does not dictate how good of a quarterback you are, its the entire deal that does.
    I don't think one extra SB over Peyton really does enough to warrant having him in the discussion with Peyton on terms of individual talent and achievements. That to me shows that the Giants are a better franchise overall than the Colts were. It has been mentioned a few times in the past on how they focused too much on putting everything in Peyton's hands by focusing on drafting offensive weapons for him when the OL and D clearly needed to be boosted. Thankfully, our FO doesn't do that.

    Again, I respectfully disagree on your view of Eli beating Tom. That isn't fair to guys like Wilfork on the Pats D or JPP on the Giants D when you make it out to be some 1-on-1 battle. The schemes and players they faced were completely different. I feel the same way when people say "Rivers beats Peyton most of the time". That's simply not how it works.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

    1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

  3. #1193
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Don't forget the original debate was whether Eli was "elite" or not ... I think all this talk kind of proves that he is.

    Back to our tangent ... I'd think Eli would need one more SB win to cement his place in the best of the best conversation. Plus another couple of standout seasons comparable stat wise to 2011.

    Note: Eli won the first SB MVP based on the throw to Tyree and considering it was the game winning drive and it was mostly pass driven, deserves the MVP. I don't think it was controversial at all (and I do agree that the dline and/or Tuck was just as deserving).
    Eli needs another Super Bowl win to solidify a previous Super Bowl win which was to solidify his first Super Bowl win lol.
    Will Hill is the J.R. Smith of the NFL.

  4. #1194
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,550
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I don't think one extra SB over Peyton really does enough to warrant having him in the discussion with Peyton on terms of individual talent and achievements. That to me shows that the Giants are a better franchise overall than the Colts were. It has been mentioned a few times in the past on how they focused too much on putting everything in Peyton's hands by focusing on drafting offensive weapons for him when the OL and D clearly needed to be boosted. Thankfully, our FO doesn't do that.

    Again, I respectfully disagree on your view of Eli beating Tom. That isn't fair to guys like Wilfork on the Pats D or JPP on the Giants D when you make it out to be some 1-on-1 battle. The schemes and players they faced were completely different. I feel the same way when people say "Rivers beats Peyton most of the time". That's simply not how it works.
    You can make the case that he outperformed Brady.
    Will Hill is the J.R. Smith of the NFL.

  5. #1195
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I don't think one extra SB over Peyton really does enough to warrant having him in the discussion with Peyton on terms of individual talent and achievements. That to me shows that the Giants are a better franchise overall than the Colts were. It has been mentioned a few times in the past on how they focused too much on putting everything in Peyton's hands by focusing on drafting offensive weapons for him when the OL and D clearly needed to be boosted. Thankfully, our FO doesn't do that.

    Again, I respectfully disagree on your view of Eli beating Tom. That isn't fair to guys like Wilfork on the Pats D or JPP on the Giants D when you make it out to be some 1-on-1 battle. The schemes and players they faced were completely different. I feel the same way when people say "Rivers beats Peyton most of the time". That's simply not how it works.
    It's not only having one more ring then his brother, but how he won it.

    And you may disagree with Eli beating Brady, but that's how all of the pundits put it and eventually perception becomes reality.

  6. #1196
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Eli needs another Super Bowl win to solidify a previous Super Bowl win which was to solidify his first Super Bowl win lol.
    I like to do cocaine so I can work harder so I can make more money so I can buy more cocaine ...

  7. #1197
    The main thing is Eli beat Brady twice in the Super Bowl and I think that deserves recognition

  8. #1198
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I like to do cocaine so I can work harder so I can make more money so I can buy more cocaine ...
    Hey me too
    Will Hill is the J.R. Smith of the NFL.

  9. #1199
    And somehow we got on to Brady vs. Eli .... I think Brady's career eclipses Eli's pretty much in all aspects currently. If that was in question.

  10. #1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You can make the case that he outperformed Brady.
    And most of the time when the Chargers and Colts played, Peyton was outperformed by Rivers. One could say Rivers beat him OR maybe that the Chargers D just had Peyton's number all those years? Look at Eli vs. the Redskins defense in recent years. I wouldn't really say Grossman outplayed Eli lol.

    And you may disagree with Eli beating Brady, but that's how all of the pundits put it and eventually perception becomes reality.
    Perhaps you are right. I see it as a disservice to all the other players myself but I'll learn to accept it in time.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

    1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts