Closed Thread
Page 123 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1489
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    A SB means more to me as a fan of a team as well but not nearly as much compared to you when we are solely talking about a player's individual talent like Eli. The problem I have is with people trying to prop up QBs based on achievements that are clearly awarded to teams. You don't see anyone arguing "Well Tuck has 2 SB championships so he is clearly better than Julius Peppers." Where is the logic in discussing the amount of victories a QB has found himself in when there are two whole units he barely has influence with in regards to the defense or special teams? It's not like basketball where Kobe can be involved in every play or baseball where a player can both bat good and play amazing outfield.

You want to tell me that Eli has an underrated throwing arm? That's fine

You want to mention that Eli was clutch for us in the 4th quarter with the 16 TDs? Ok!

But there is no way you can convince me that QBs should be measured by championship or playoff victories when so many of those games come down to which team plays the most balanced football in all 3 phases of the game. I simply disagree with how you are trying to include Eli in the Peyton and Brady circle.
    You have your opinion about that. Obviously we could argue all week about this. I guess we'll have to see. In the end no one knows who will be remembered in the same class as Brady or Peyton. But his case by far is a legitimate one. And I have a feeling people will.

This thread has amazing length given the fact that we have beaten this sucker to death over several/many/too many years. I am impressed with the energy.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Banned
    Can you all just shut this thread down. Like stop posting. Seriously, who cares. Simms is an idiot. Ok now what? ... "Oh, I know!....100 more pages, please!"

...whata joke

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToJPP View Post
    Can you all just shut this thread down. Like stop posting. Seriously, who cares. Simms is an idiot. Ok now what? ... "Oh, I know!....100 more pages, please!"

...whata joke
    I agree lol. but that wasn't what this past conversation was about. but yeah this thread should be dead and buried. it has served its purpose as bye week fodder and now has no reason for existing.

...whata joke
    I love how you ask to shut the page down, and then cause more drama.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    I agree lol. but that wasn't what this past conversation was about. but yeah this thread should be dead and buried. it has served its purpose as bye week fodder and now has no reason for existing.

childs play

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I love how you ask to shut the page down, and then cause more drama.
    I didnt take my usual dose of Dramidol this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    You have your opinion about that. Obviously we could argue all week about this. I guess we'll have to see. In the end no one knows who will be remembered in the same class as Brady or Peyton. But his case by far is a legitimate one. And I have a feeling people will.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    A SB means more to me as a fan of a team as well but not nearly as much compared to you when we are solely talking about a player's individual talent like Eli. The problem I have is with people trying to prop up QBs based on achievements that are clearly awarded to teams. You don't see anyone arguing "Well Tuck has 2 SB championships so he is clearly better than Julius Peppers." Where is the logic in discussing the amount of victories a QB has found himself in when there are two whole units he barely has influence with in regards to the defense or special teams? It's not like basketball where Kobe can be involved in every play or baseball where a player can both bat good and play amazing outfield.

You want to tell me that Eli has an underrated throwing arm? That's fine

You want to mention that Eli was clutch for us in the 4th quarter with the 16 TDs? Ok!

But there is no way you can convince me that QBs should be measured by championship or playoff victories when so many of those games come down to which team plays the most balanced football in all 3 phases of the game. I simply disagree with how you are trying to include Eli in the Peyton and Brady circle.
    This is the biggest joke of a thread ever. No way to convince you? Well let's give it one try.

QB's that have won the past 10 Super Bowls.

1. Eli Manning x2
    2. Drew Brees x1
    3. Aron Rodgers x1
    4. Tom Brady x3
    5. Peyton Manning x1
    6. Ben Rothlisberger x2

If you think that is a coincidence you are kidding yourself. It is most difficult to perform at the QB position during the playoffs and in the biggest game of them all. The best QB's take their team all the way. All the second tier guys don't. Phillip Rivers, Michael Vick, Matt Ryan, Matt Shaub, etc.

Heck, look at the last 20 years. Steve Young, Brett Favre, Troy Aikman, Joe Montana, John Elway.... It is no fluke that it happens this way. The only times teams win a super bowl without a truly elite qb are when you have once in a lifetime defenses. Ala Jim McMahon (85 Bears d), Trent Dilfer (00 Ravens D), Brad Johnson (Tampas D that year was arguable a top 3 defense of all time), oh ya and Phil Simms (86 Giants D). All of these qbs were still solid as a truly poor qb can never win one. But if you dont have an all time great defense, you need an all time great qb in order to win it all.

That's just facts.....

I didnt take my usual dose of Dramidol this morning
    It's a debate. I would understand the thread closing if we were cursing each other out and what not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NoHuddle10 View Post
    This is the biggest joke of a thread ever. No way to convince you? Well let's give it one try.

QB's that have won the past 10 Super Bowls.

1. Eli Manning x2
    2. Drew Brees x1
    3. Aron Rodgers x1
    4. Tom Brady x3
    5. Peyton Manning x1
    6. Ben Rothlisberger x2

If you think that is a coincidence you are kidding yourself. It is most difficult to perform at the QB position during the playoffs and in the biggest game of them all. The best QB's take their team all the way. All the second tier guys don't. Phillip Rivers, Michael Vick, Matt Ryan, Matt Shaub, etc.

Heck, look at the last 20 years. Steve Young, Brett Favre, Troy Aikman, Joe Montana, John Elway.... It is no fluke that it happens this way. The only times teams win a super bowl without a truly elite qb are when you have once in a lifetime defenses. Ala Jim McMahon (85 Bears d), Trent Dilfer (00 Ravens D), Brad Johnson (Tampas D that year was arguable a top 3 defense of all time), oh ya and Phil Simms (86 Giants D). All of these qbs were still solid as a truly poor qb can never win one. But if you dont have an all time great defense, you need an all time great qb in order to win it all.

That's just facts.....
    My point exactly. Phil Simms is a total idiot. How are we not over this, understanding of this, and past this? LOL