Closed Thread
Page 131 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1489
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Good analogy.

Only in this debate, someone is saying that Jerry Quarry is in the discussion.
    Yeah but we love you anyways MS

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Rodgers is not better than Eli. Neither is Staubach.

Just for the uninformed:

Staubach: 22k passing yards, 153/109 TD/Int, 57% completion, 83.4 QBR, 1 SB MVP, 4 SB appearances, 2 SB Rings (on a HoF team I might add)

Eli: 30k passing yards, 200/140 TD/Int, 58.6% completion, 83.3 QBR, 2 SB MVP, 2 SB appearances, 2 SB rings

And even at conservative estimates, Eli will end his career with 50k passing, 300+ TDs and 60%+ completion percentage.

Nuff said.
    i agree. eli is gonna go down as the greatest giants qb of all time and one of the all time greats. i love how so many of the sports writers who vote on the HoF have come out and said eli and tc are definite hall of famers...we are so lucky our franchise had simms, even luckier to get eli...can u imagine the level of play from the qb who might one day overtake eli the way eli overtook simms?

Not at all because I love my fellow man.
    In all seriousness....

I love Eli. I hate his boneheadedness....especially when it extends over periods of time.
    If Eli's career goes similar to what he is currently doing even with another SB win I dont think as a pure passer and overall QB talent that he will ever be a top 5 in the history of the game. Top 10 most likely.
    But he will be the best Giants QB for sure. Thats not slighting Simms, Connerly, YA, at all. It just is what it is. The other guys may have been more athletically talented but Eli is a different type of QB he gets it done and the rings are there.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Rodgers is not better than Eli. Neither is Staubach.

Just for the uninformed:

Staubach: 22k passing yards, 153/109 TD/Int, 57% completion, 83.4 QBR, 1 SB MVP, 4 SB appearances, 2 SB Rings (on a HoF team I might add)

Eli: 30k passing yards, 200/140 TD/Int, 58.6% completion, 83.3 QBR, 2 SB MVP, 2 SB appearances, 2 SB rings

And even at conservative estimates, Eli will end his career with 50k passing, 300+ TDs and 60%+ completion percentage.

Nuff said.
    The foolishness of this post is so obvious that I won't bother dealing with the speciousness of each point.

But I will say this. Staubach spent his first four years after college in the military. So in the same period guys like Eli were accumulating stats, he was serving our country.

So you're saying you hate America now?????
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Santa is Elite for sure.....
    Careful ... MS will go all Easter Bunny on yo ***!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    Bradshaw is comedy relief..... : ) To be serious though, he was a great QB, the hardware don't lie. However, if I had to go back in time and pick any one QB to lead my team, I'm not even giving it a second thought, Montana would be my guy.
    Bart Starr haas to be thrown in this disscussion. The man was a great leader, tough and very clutch.

The foolishness of this post is so obvious that I won't bother dealing with the speciousness of each point.

But I will say this. Staubach spent his first four years after college in the military. So in the same period guys like Eli were accumulating stats, he was serving our country.

So you're saying you hate America now?????
    Fine ... add 4 years of Staubach's best statistical year to his stats. Then add 4 of Eli's worst statistical year to his (we can agree that Eli will play 4 more years?) ... it's not even close.

And Staubach played on a better team.

Stop the self loathing and say it with me ... ELI PUT THE E-L-I IN ELITE!

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Bart Starr haas to be thrown in this disscussion. The man was a great leader, tough and very clutch.
    I put Bart Starr as one of the Top 10 of all time.

The two best QB's in NFL history are playing right now. One in Foxborough, and the other in Denver.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Bench Player
    KOOL-AID? Your putting Eli on a level with guys like Unitas, Montana and Marino and I'M drinking the Kool-Aid?

The guy is a very good QB. I like the fact that my team has a very good QB. But this nonsense about "all time greatness" is so twisted its not even worthy of discussion.
    But here we are. Discussing it as if its not based on complete delusion. No one (outside a few nutty Eli cultists) think Eli has anything close to the standing some of you guys are giving him.
    Just for arguments sake, here are the stat lines for the first 8 seasons of Eli vs. Montanna. Keep in mind Eli stated 8 games his rookie year to Montana's 1.

Eli Manning during his first 8 seasons:

185 TD, 129 INT, 57.6 completion percentage, 27,577 yards, playng in 121 games during that time period with 69 wins and 51 losses, 3 division titles, 2 Super Bowl wins

Montana during his first 8 seasons:

141 TD, 76 INT, 62.4 completion percentage, 17,184 yards, playing in 87 games during that time period with 57 wins and 30 losses, 4 division titles, 2 Super Bowl wins

I dont really see why you say that taking about all time greatness is twisted, these are your own words:

I'm an army of 1.
    My mission......To keep the glorious memory of Phil Simms fresh in the minds of my fellow MB posters....and to make sure that we all be realistic about Eli.......... That he's a fine player but not one of the greats of this era.
    I am not arguing that he is one of the great qb of all time, we would have to wait for his career to be over to fairly judge that, but I do firmly believe he is one of the greats of his time, which you stated you do not.
    Last edited by Dline83; 11-29-2012 at 10:01 AM.