Closed Thread
Page 132 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1489
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    In all seriousness....

I love Eli. I hate his boneheadedness....especially when it extends over periods of time.
    If Eli's career goes similar to what he is currently doing even with another SB win I dont think as a pure passer and overall QB talent that he will ever be a top 5 in the history of the game. Top 10 most likely.
    But he will be the best Giants QB for sure. Thats not slighting Simms, Connerly, YA, at all. It just is what it is. The other guys may have been more athletically talented but Eli is a different type of QB he gets it done and the rings are there.
    That's about the best summation I've heard of for Eli.

Well done sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Fine ... add 4 years of Staubach's best statistical year to his stats. Then add 4 of Eli's worst statistical year to his (we can agree that Eli will play 4 more years?) ... it's not even close.

And Staubach played on a better team.

Stop the self loathing and say it with me ... ELI PUT THE E-L-I IN ELITE!
    My self loathing is not relevant to this discussion.

Comparing stats from different eras is the act of a desperate, pathetic mind.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The two best QB's in NFL history are playing right now. One in Foxborough, and the other in Denver.
    And yet our guy has beaten one head to head on the biggest stage ... TWICE! ... and has more rings than the other.

I win!

I put Bart Starr as one of the Top 10 of all time.
    People forget about Starr.

The funny thing about Favre is that he will probably end up being the 3rd best QB in Packers history.

My self loathing is not relevant to this discussion.

Comparing stats from different eras is the act of a desperate, pathetic mind.
    So is comparing QBs of different eras but you invited it in.

Not my fault it bit you on the neck.

And yet our guy has beaten one head to head on the biggest stage ... TWICE! ... and has more rings than the other.

I win Oh Wait...Eli didn't play against Tom Brady on the field. Brady had to face the Giants D line. And Eli put up fewer points in 2 SB's than Phil did in 1.

I lose !
    I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dline83 View Post
    I dont really see why you day that taking about all time greatness is twisted, these are your own words:

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State
    I'm an army of 1.
    My mission......To keep the glorious memory of Phil Simms fresh in the minds of my fellow MB posters....and to make sure that we all be realistic about Eli.......... That he's a fine player but not one of the greats of this era.
    I am not arguing that he is one of the great qb of all time, we would have to wait for his career to be over to fairly judge that, but I do firmly believe he is one of the greats of his time, which you stated you do not.
    Shhhhh ... it's never wise to raise the veil of reality on the mad man.

Shhhhh ... it's never wise to raise the veil of reality on the mad man.
    I never said I was sane.
    But my arguments are.

I entirely agree with you and feel ashamed at my appalling lack of faith in my own QB ... I will now go flog myself repeatedly.
    /comfort

Veteran
    Rodgers is not better than Eli. Neither is Staubach.Just for the uninformed:Staubach: 22k passing yards, 153/109 TD/Int, 57% completion, 83.4 QBR, 1 SB MVP, 4 SB appearances, 2 SB Rings (on a HoF team I might add)Eli: 30k passing yards, 200/140 TD/Int, 58.6% completion, 83.3 QBR, 2 SB MVP, 2 SB appearances, 2 SB ringsAnd even at conservative estimates, Eli will end his career with 50k passing, 300+ TDs and 60%+ completion percentage.Nuff said.
    Ok. Matt Ryan, Joe flacco, cam Newton, Andrew luck, rg3 are all on pace for better numbers than Eli. Oh and aaron Rodgers is leaps and bounds ahead of Eli