Closed Thread
Page 133 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1489
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    /comfort
    I never really knew what "flogging" was.

Is it something one can do in the privacy of his own home?
    Get well soon 80.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    My self loathing is not relevant to this discussion.

Comparing stats from different eras is the act of a desperate, pathetic mind.
    Some would say this about comparing QBs from this different eras.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    And yet our guy has beaten one head to head on the biggest stage ... TWICE! ... and has more rings than the other.I win!
    Qbs don't play head to head.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Ok. Matt Ryan, Joe flacco, cam Newton, Andrew luck, rg3 are all on pace for better numbers than Eli. Oh and aaron Rodgers is leaps and bounds ahead of Eli
    The moon is made of cheese.

Hey look I can do it too!

I never really knew what "flogging" was.

Is it something one can do in the privacy of his own home?
    George Michael and Peewee Herman might dis ... nahhh too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Qbs don't play head to head.
    If you want to compare defenses that the aforementioned have played against in the post season the disparity is even greater.

Eli is The MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dline83 View Post
    Just for arguments sake, here are the stat lines for the first 8 seasons of Eli vs. Montanna. Keep in mind Eli stated 8 games his rookie year to Montana's 1.

Eli Manning during his first 8 seasons:

185 TD, 129 INT, 57.6 completion percentage, 27,577 yards, playng in 121 games during that time period with 69 wins and 51 losses, 3 division titles, 2 Super Bowl wins

Montana during his first 8 seasons:

141 TD, 76 INT, 62.4 completion percentage, 17,184 yards, playing in 87 games during that time period with 57 wins and 30 losses, 4 division titles, 2 Super Bowl wins

I dont really see why you say that taking about all time greatness is twisted, these are your own words:

I'm an army of 1.
    My mission......To keep the glorious memory of Phil Simms fresh in the minds of my fellow MB posters....and *to make sure that we all be realistic about Eli.......... *That he's a fine player but not one of the greats of this era.
    I am not arguing that he is one of the great qb of all time, we would have to wait for his career to be over to fairly judge that, but I do firmly believe he is one of the greats of his time, which you stated you do not.
    I never said I was sane.
    But my arguments are.
    In the end your opinion is your own and you are more than welcome to think/believe anything you wish, I just disagree with putting out statements with out supporting them. You can make lists of qb you think are better than Eli all you want and you might be right or wrong, but you never support your claims by using facts.

Banned
    It is ridiculous that folks are even stating that Dan Fouts, Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman and Joe Namath are better than Eli Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    It is ridiculous that folks are even stating that Dan Fouts, Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman and Joe Namath are better than Eli Manning.
    I know, right?!

extremeeli.com here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Its these kinds of posts that give you Eli Cultists a bad name.

It's not a crime to delude yourself into believing that Eli Manning is some kind of all time great player. But when you say its silly to say that Roger Staubach (a top 5 all time QB) is better than Eli.....we have crossed the line into lunacy.
    Get well soon 80.