Closed Thread
Page 139 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1489
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Not that I agree with MS on Ryan and Freeman (who is becoming the sidekick to Doug Martin now) being near Eli in the big picture but one does have to admit that winning championships is easier to do with the Giants and Steelers vs. the Falcons and Bucs.
    I could agree with the Bucs, but the Falcons?

They were the 1 seed in the NFC and they got trounced by the Packers, at home. Add in the potent offense we faced last season, 0 points from them.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by G-MENBK View Post
    I could agree with the Bucs, but the Falcons?

They were the 1 seed in the NFC and they got trounced by the Packers, at home. Add in the potent offense we faced last season, 0 points from them.
    I'm talking in terms of franchise history. Heck, the Falcons didn't even have back to back winning seasons until the conclusion of 2009. Our owners and FO have good heads on their shoulders in comparison to some other teams.

I'm talking in terms of franchise history. Heck, the Falcons didn't even have back to back winning seasons until the conclusion of 2009. Our owners and FO have good heads on their shoulders in comparison to some other teams.
    Sure, if you were to talk about franchise history, the Giants are a cut above both the Bucs and Falcons...but recently, you can't deny that the Falcons have been a hot team, only with regards to the regular season.

Since 2008, the Falcons have had more regular season wins than the Giants and they have made more playoff appearances. The problem is the Giants have won more playoff games in that time span and brought home the Lombardi.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Eli is everything you said but at the same time he's also someone who has trouble making short throws as evidenced by his terrible throws to Hyno and Ahmad last game. When I see that I don't think of greatest.

Contrast that with Phil. When Phil had time his passes were always on the money.
    come on Rosie...so the only reason Simms ever threw and incomplete is when he was pressured??..
    All QBs cough up throws...short or long....please
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by G-MENBK View Post
    Sure, if you were to talk about franchise history, the Giants are a cut above both the Bucs and Falcons...but recently, you can't deny that the Falcons have been a hot team, only with regards to the regular season.

Since 2008, the Falcons have had more regular season wins than the Giants and they have made more playoff appearances. The problem is the Giants have won more playoff games in that time span and brought home the Lombardi.
    But the question now is which division was more competitive between the NFCS and the NFCE since that year? You had the Panthers and Bucs only posting one really noteworthy year in that whole span as a team which left the division to the Saints and Falcons for the most part. With the NFCE, you're talking about a division that is rarely ever won back-to-back and usually has 3 teams still in the hunt when everything is taken into account at the end of the season. Are the Falcons really as good as their regular season record indicates? One could say that the Giants W:L ratio is truly never accurate due to the fact they consistently find themselves with some of the toughest schedules in the league. It's really an interesting debate.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    come on Rosie...so the only reason Simms ever threw and incomplete is when he was pressured??..
    X2

But the question now is which division was more competitive between the NFCS and the NFCE since that year? You had the Panthers and Bucs only posting one really noteworthy year in that whole span as a team which left the division to the Saints and Falcons for the most part. With the NFCE, you're talking about a division that is rarely ever won back-to-back and usually has 3 teams still in the hunt when everything is taken into account at the end of the season. Are the Falcons really as good as their regular season record indicates? One could say that the Giants W:L ratio is truly never accurate due to the fact they consistently find themselves with some of the toughest schedules in the league. It's really an interesting debate.
    2008 - 2009 playoffs (Panthers, Falcons) - (Giants, Eagles): Tie
    2009 - 2010 playoffs (Saints) - (Cowboys, Eagles): Advantage NFCE. [Saints win Super Bowl]
    2010 - 2011 playoffs (Falcons, Saints) - (Eagles): Advantage NFCS.
    2011 - 2012 playoffs (Saints, Falcons) - (Giants): Advantage NFCS. [Giants win Super Bowl]

Both divisions have had three different teams win their respected division (No back-to-back winners), two Super Bowls have gone to both divisions, and going by this, the NFCS was able to have more teams represent their division in the playoffs than the NFCE.

Honestly, and this has and really is getting amplified today, the NFCE is overrated. Remember when the Giants won their first Super Bowl with Eli? That playoffs, 3 divisional teams made it in (Cowboys, Giants, Redskins).

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    X2
    X100

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I didn't say that GT, but you have to admit that once Simms matured, when he had time you knew the pass would be where it needed to be. Now whether or not it was caught, or if the defense made a great play, that's just part of the game.

I'm talking about short passes in my example; wide open receiver and open passing lane. One pass was way too high and the other was thrown way too hard. I just don't expect that type of play from a top QB. Mark Sanchez, yes.

So for anyone who thinks Eli is great, I would ask you if you consider our team great? I know our team can be great, but we don't always play that way.

I see no difference with Eli.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I didn't say that GT, but you have to admit that once Simms matured, when he had time you knew the pass would be where it needed to be. Now whether or not it was caught, or if the defense made a great play, that's just part of the game.

I'm talking about short passes in my example; wide open receiver and open passing lane. One pass was way too high and the other was thrown way too hard. I just don't expect that type of play from a top QB. Mark Sanchez, yes.

So for anyone who thinks Eli is great, I would ask you if you consider our team great? I know our team can be great, but we don't always play that way.

I see no difference with Eli.
    Every qb has throws like that, all of them. What about all the playoff games with over 70 percent completions? I would say that two Super Bowls and the way we got them, was pretty great...