Closed Thread
Page 144 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1489
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Ohhh gotta disagree there big guy.

As for Simms comments, I believe they were more attention driven then anything. Simms is an analyst/commentator and he needs talking point material as much as anyone. But yeah I think part of it was maliciously driven. Phil has never struck me as the overly evolved type.

lol. You might be right, but I've always seen him as the kinda of guy who talks players up. I guy who if he doesn't have something nice to say he doesn't say anything.

I think he was being honest and I didn't take it as a slight against Eli. But what I do think is if you are a HOF'er then you are among the best. And Phil said he thinks Eli is a HOF'er, so I'd say he might be talking out both sides of his mouth.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

All-Pro
    That pretty much sums up my feelings on Eli and why I consider him elite.

I would have traded Simms for Montana in a heartbeat.
    Not after Marshall hit him though. He was then damaged goods....lol
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Not after Marshall hit him though. He was then damaged goods....lol
    Ok you got me there

That pretty much sums up my feelings on Eli and why I consider him elite.

I would have traded Simms for Montana in a heartbeat.
    Ah, but would Joe have thrived here in the Meadowlands as he did with Joe Walsh? I don't think so.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

Eli's definitely underwhelming when it comes to the short passing game but I don't think he gets enough consideration for his deep ball accuracy, especially when he puts it in places that defenders can do nothing about. Even down the slump stretch this year, he had a pass or two that was excellent but dropped by the receiver (looking at you Cruz).

I still think Cutler has the best arm in the league when you consider his release time and how fast that sucker travels to the receiver on his deep game. It's ashame that he has anger issues and suffers from inconsistency because he has the tools to be a top QB.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Phil threw a nice ball the spiral wise then Eli for sure. I guess he was more accurate but I cant really say that for sure. I have seen Eli hit many a tight window. As you said....Eli isnt out growing anything.....IMO its the way he is....
    I thought last year was a precursor of what was to come. Perhaps I misjudged him.
    Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    lol. You might be right, but I've always seen him as the kinda of guy who talks players up. I guy who if he doesn't have something nice to say he doesn't say anything.

I think he was being honest and I didn't take it as a slight against Eli. But what I do think is if you are a HOF'er then you are among the best. And Phil said he thinks Eli is a HOF'er, so I'd say he might be talking out both sides of his mouth.
    Oh yeah I don't disagree there ... Simms has been very flattering of Eli in the past (much more so then some other ex-Giants).

Simms, while very conscious of not saying stuff in front of the media as a player, was hell on wheels when the reporters weren't in front of him. LOTS of field recorded stuff that would make a trucker blush. He was never shy about his opinions in pseudo-private.

Ah, but would Joe have thrived here in the Meadowlands as he did with Joe Walsh? I don't think so.
    I think so ... Ed DeBartolo Jr. was the driving force on that team, not Bill Walsh (from an emotional standpoint) and he and Parcells were very similar in their interactions with the players.

There's a great episode of The Football Life on Eddie D. on the NFL Network currently btw.

I thought last year was a precursor of what was to come. Perhaps I misjudged him.
    I think last year was the best statistical year we can expect from Eli.

I think last year was the best statistical year we can expect from Eli.
    He wont put those yards up again but I think he can put up +30 TDs again
    Last edited by dezzzR; 11-30-2012 at 05:12 PM.