Closed Thread
Page 21 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive92 View Post
    I'm glad Simms said this. Good move. Light a fire under Eli's ***.

He seems to do best when people question or doubt his elite status. Remember when the entire world laughed at his "I'm in Brady's class" comment? That lit a fire under him.
    So you're saying that he hasn't been trying enough.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Can't we all just get along?
    Uh..go Giants?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Phil Simms is one of my personal favorite former players. Someone responded that he also wasn't elite, and I agree with that. But Phil Simms was something to watch in that day and he played when beating up the QB was encouraged.

I don't think the fact that it's Phil Simms saying it makes it any worse or less/more valid than any other talking head.
    I'm going with the "Bald Eagle"
    Last edited by bigjeep; 11-13-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Phil Simms is one of my personal favorite former players. Someone responded that he also wasn't elite, and I agree with that. But Phil Simms was something to watch in that day and he played when beating up the QB was encouraged.

I don't think the fact that it's Phil Simms saying it makes it any worse or less/more valid than any other talking head.
    I'm the one who said that. It just seems like some the super Simms homers (like Morehead, but in this case i'm not talking about Morehead because he's not like this) want to rub it in the face of all the Eli homers because secretly they don't want Eli to succeed...

I don't think there's much to debate about. Eli's in a slump. It happens to the best of players. If people thought Eli became a lesser QB because of this hiccup he's having, then I'd respectfully disagree. Eli's still the man - and it would be dangerous for anybody in the NFL to underestimate him. He possesses all the tools he needs to win, and he has consistently shown us that over his career. Maybe he is a little more prone to bouts of being off his game than other players - but that's just part of the game.

Lets take our losses like men, enjoy the victories as they come, and appreciate one of the most interesting eras of Giants football.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive92 View Post
    I'm glad Simms said this. Good move. Light a fire under Eli's ***.

He seems to do best when people question or doubt his elite status. Remember when the entire world laughed at his "I'm in Brady's class" comment? That lit a fire under him.
    couldn't come at a better time

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    So you're saying that he hasn't been trying enough.
    I'm saying he likes proving his doubters wrong. And clearly, Simms is doubting him by saying he's not an elite. This will hopefully get him to play better, as it has done in the past.

**** Phil Simms, the Giants won a super bowl with a backup Qb when he got hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    **** Phil Simms, the Giants won a super bowl with a backup Qb when he got hurt
    That should add at least 10 more pages.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    When people are constantly having to defend a player for lack of elite production....is he really elite? Rodgers, Brady, Brees, (Peyton) Manning don't need their fanatics to dance around their stats and pick and choose certain things that make them considered to be elite. With those guys it's a lot more clear cut than it is with Eli. It's business as usual to see a 100+ efficiency rating at the end of the season from them. For Eli it would be more of a shocker because he's never done it before. He makes too many mistakes in regards to turnovers and accuracy compared to them. His play during our Super Bowl runs is pretty much how these guys play every week for the most part.

He has the capability, but lacks consistency.
    I also rarely see those guys having to chastise their receivers for not being on the right page and running wrong routes. QB play can not solely be judged by stats because personnel and system have a lot to do with it. A good example is Kurt Warner who was amazing running that West Coast offense and sucked in Gilbrides system!