Closed Thread
Page 23 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
    Oh, this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo1972 View Post
    This is true, but Phil seems to be carrying a chip on his shoulders about various Giants players. He's made derisive comments about some over the years, but that's always been Phil. It shows on Inside The NFL with him and Chris and it shows the way he announces games. Somewhat Joe Theisman like, if you ask me.
    g

Are you talking about guys busting each other's stones? Please. Phil speaks positively about the majority of NFL players. At least when I hear him.

Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    Simms does not care for the giants. Eli included. you hear it in his voice when he calls the games. the name Simms and Elite never show up in the same sentence . Elite is not always the numbers. Eli has a presence as an elite QB and many times does play like and elite QB. Simms could only wish to have that! F Simms!
    This should go down as post of the week. Do we have that?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    If you take Eli Manning and put him in the system that Phil Simms was in, Eli would have dominated that era. The system Phil Simms was in was painless and seamless. Eli would have thrived with that O line and run game. Heck, if Eli Manning were the QB back then, Mark Bavarro may have put up Gronkowski numbers. Our O line and run game was so great that when Hoss, a guy that ran a 4.28 40 took over, he rarely had to run.

I think Phil Simms would have had issues with this system under Gillbride. I am not saying that he would not have gotten it but it would have taken him longer than Eli. Heck, it took Phil awhile to get the system he was in down and that one was simple as it gets.

I am not spewing angst at Phil but in my opinion, Eli is a better QB.

Way too much stuff I disagree with in this thread to respond at length.

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    How quickly we forget many horrid games by our own Phil Simms.
    Of course we forget. We're old and we killed off a few brain cells during the years. But what does that have to do with his comments?

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    I knew this thread was going to turn into Eli Manning vs Phil Simms.
    Which is just pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo1972 View Post
    Unfortunately, you don't just get to skip all season and playoff games just to get to the SB. Point I made was Eli carried that team more often then not through that season and runs they went on in the playoff. That's what I meant by mostly on the QB's shoulders.
    Eli was the one getting carried throughout the 2007 season. And then down the stretch he started playing smart ball and we won. His SB performance was pretty shaky with a fantastic finish.

Quote Originally Posted by TopleyBird View Post
    Haven't read the thread, too long.

But here is a bold prediction:

Eli will toss three touchdowns in our next game and will take over Simms' record.

/ELIte
    And if he doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Eli was the one getting carried throughout the 2007 season. And then down the stretch he started playing smart ball and we won. His SB performance was pretty shaky with a fantastic finish.
    If Eli's performance was shaky.....there would have been no chance of a fantastic finish.

The Patriots would have ***-pounded the Giants like they did with pretty much every other team they played that year.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Are you kidding?
    That's the smartest thing he's ever said!
    You got that right.