Closed Thread
Page 24 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    This is great. Phil's comments have angered some, and made others, somewhat happy it seems.

Since the day Eli inked his first NFL contract, he has been more successful, or as successful, as any other player in the entire league. Bar none! -this should make Giant fans happy.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    If Eli's performance was shaky.....there would have been no chance of a fantastic finish.

The Patriots would have ***-pounded the Giants like they did with pretty much every other team they played that year.
    We had that nice first drive and then did nothing until the 4th. But have you ever watched the SB 42 DVD with Strahan's voice over? Let's just say Michael didn't have a lot of confidence in his QB back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    The sensitivity surrounding Eli is comical. Saying he's not elite doesn't in any way mean he's saying he's trash.
    The thing is, that's what Phil Simms is saying. Not that Eli played like trash the past couple of weeks, but that he was, as a whole, average at best. If you want to strip him of the "elite" title based on the past 4 performances, I won't hold that against you. But Phil is saying that the past 4 weeks is the "true" Eli, and that he outperformed immensely during the two SB runs and in 2008...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

We had that nice first drive and then did nothing until the 4th. But have you ever watched the SB 42 DVD with Strahan's voice over? Let's just say Michael didn't have a lot of confidence in his QB back then.
    Eli was definitely cautious, but not shaky. He helped keep the team in the game until the 4th, and then the rest is history.

At the time, the Patriots we not only undefeated, but they were 80-2 when entering the 4th quarter with a lead.

Call them the anti-comeback kids. If the Patriots have the lead heading into the fourth quarter, it's almost a lock that the opponent is going to lose. Since 2001, the Patriots are an astonishing 80-2 in games in which they've led entering the final frame, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. That's a .976 winning percentage. The next-best record belongs to the Steelers, who are 65-5-1 (.915).

If New England has the lead tomorrow entering the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XLII against the Giants and history follows suit, then history in the form of a 19-0 season is all but a certainty and the Lombardi Trophy will be paraded down Boylston Street for the fourth time in seven seasons.

http://www.boston.com/sports/article...d_won/?camp=pm
    They were 80-3 by the end of the night.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 11-13-2012 at 09:03 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

All-Pro
    Personally I don't see what the big deal is... by his own statement Simms is also excluding himself from the "elite" category. Simms was a great QB, as is Eli. However Elite means that the QB can take over a game all by himself.. and there is very few that could be considered in that league. Those QB's will score points week in and week out, they make the players around them better. If your having a few bad games, and those defending the QB are pointing to the O-line, receivers and running backs... there is a good chance that the QB isn't in the elite category.

That isn't a bad thing, in my opinion. Few elite QBs win Super Bowls all by themselves. I will take having a very good/great QB like Simms or Eli and a team around him any day over Dan Marino and no rings.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Ahh. Eli can be elite. CAN be. Lot depends on the play of the team around him. He had and has plenty of talent around him to win. But once he is not feeling it, It definately seems like there isnt any hope for even a first down. How many times is there a wide open play right in front of him and he doesnt even see it. Or when he has the whole field to run and throws into double coverage. Im not talking about juking and cuting his way to the endzone. Im talking about making a quick decision, tuckn the ball and running 10 yards. Make something happen bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The throw to Tyree and the throw to Manningham? I guess so.

Veteran
    So had do you explain The Captain's jersey not be retired who BTW is a HOF'er?
    I don't get what your trying to say, but I said "HOF worthy" and I was speaking of Mark Bavaro who was the original "Gronk"! Who by the way is also in the Giants Ring of Honor!

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Oh, this thread...

LOL LOL LOL.....

I can't stop laughing.....

Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    That should add at least 10 more pages.
    lol that killed me

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The thing is, that's what Phil Simms is saying. Not that Eli played like trash the past couple of weeks, but that he was, as a whole, average at best. If you want to strip him of the "elite" title based on the past 4 performances, I won't hold that against you. But Phil is saying that the past 4 weeks is the "true" Eli, and that he outperformed immensely during the two SB runs and in 2008...
    Is that so? I didn't read that.

But let me ask you this. Did any of us expect this type of play by Eli again? I know I didn't.