Closed Thread
Page 31 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
    So now we're going to crap all over one of the most Respected QB's in Giants History because he voiced his opinion on our currently bi-polar Quarterback? Phil Simms is a lifelong Giant.
    Then why doesn't he freaking act like a lifelong GIANT and support his team? Strahan has no problem supporting his team. It would be one thing if Simms said "We know you have elite talent somewhere in there Eli. We've seen you do it before, so start actually playing like it already!". But he's not. He's ripping on a current member of the team. It would be like if Bucky Dent went out to the media and said "Jeter is nothing special" after the season the latter had in 2012...

I said it when the "Elite" debate first began last year...... and I will say it again now...... Who is, and who is not Elite is all subjective and I honestly hate the term..... Some jackwagon came up with it just to have something to talk about on TV and now all the fans around the NFL are throwing it around like it has some concrete defined meaning.

As for Eli, or whoever comes after Eli..... Just keep racking up the hardware and forget about that stupid word "Elite".

I will add one more thing..... Sometimes I think players like Phil or Mike intentionally poke our players in the eye when they are under performing.... not so much to insult them, but more to motivate them to snap out of it and play better.

Veteran
    Are the Giants elite? Is their offensive line elite? Is their defense elite? The Saints are 4-5. If Drew Brees is elite, why aren't they 9-0. An elite QB should be able to carry his team when the rest of the team is struggling, right? Oh...he doesn't have his real coach. So, he's not elite. He should be able to carry his team if he is elite, even if Yogi Berra was his head coach.

I know this is all ridiculous...but it is no more ridiculous than people needing to establish whether Eli is elite or not. I say that it really doesn't matter to me whether he is elite or not. If someone asked me to answer the question, however...I would say yes. He is at this moment elite, and I only say that based on his amount of endorsements compared to the rest of the guys in the league. Only the elite get to represent people like DTV, Citizens, etc. and appear on national commercials with the president.

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    If Drew Brees is elite, why aren't they 9-0. An elite QB should be able to carry his """OFFENSE""" when the rest of the team is struggling, right?.
    Fixed it for you. And yes.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Fixed it for you. And yes.
    So you think that all of our offensive problems would go away if Drew was QB for the Giants? I am just curious. Would we be 10-0 with Brees?

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    So you think that all of our offensive problems would go away if Drew was QB for the Giants? I am just curious. Would we be 10-0 with Brees?
    no because eli is not the only reason why we are losing. same way brees is not the sole reason the saints were losing. Eli needs to play better and he knows that but there are a lot of other problems such as bad play calls dropped passes, bad blocking, blown coverage's etc.

As far as eli being elite, in my heart i would say No because he is not consistent year to year. He is a top 5 Qb and he is a great one at that. The only problem is you dont know which eli you will get each year. Turnover machine Eli or Elite (last year) Eli.

I would describe Eli as a champion and a Winner. Peyton, Brees, and Rodgers are all better QBs but Eli has more rings than them. Elite is not everything.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 11-14-2012 at 09:06 AM.

We can call anybody anything we want. Its just words.
    But great QB's can't be making the kind of dumb plays Eli has been making. Our QB can't be making those plays if we want to win games. And ultimately we need to win games. Thats really all that matters. Some of you guys who need to put labels on guys miss the point completely.
    Stop playing like **** Eli!!!
    Drives me friggin nuts and it has to stop.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Who cares what Phil Sims thinks
    ??? Does anyone think Eli cares? My guess is no. He is not the type that gives a rip about what anyone thinks of him. That's one of many reasons why I like him so much

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    We can call anybody anything we want. Its just words.
    But great QB's can't be making the kind of dumb plays Eli has been making. Our QB can't be making those plays if we want to win games. And ultimately we need to win games. Thats really all that matters. Some of you guys who need to put labels on guys miss the point completely.
    Stop playing like **** Eli!!!
    Drives me friggin nuts and it has to stop.
    I agree. I am actually okay with occasional mistakes because no one is perfect. But you cant gift wrap footballs and hand it to defenders the way eli has these past few games. That is just awful