Closed Thread
Page 32 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    I agree. I am actually okay with occasional mistakes because no one is perfect. But you cant gift wrap footballs and hand it to defenders the way eli has these past few games. That is just awful
    Every QB makes mistakes. Every QB throws picks. But in today's NFL with the rules giving the passing game so many advantages, those picks should be kept at a minimum.
    But those panicked throws in the midst of a pass rush have returned with a vengeance. That old, bad Eli has reared his ugly head. I really thought we were done with him. He had really started to show great pocket awareness and calmness. Now we're back to this.

I can't tell you how frustrating it is.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Every QB makes mistakes. Every QB throws picks. But in today's NFL with the rules giving the passing game so many advantages, those picks should be kept at a minimum.
    But those panicked throws in the midst of a pass rush have returned with a vengeance. That old, bad Eli has reared his ugly head. I really thought we were done with him. He had really started to show great pocket awareness and calmness. Now we're back to this.

I can't tell you how frustrating it is.
    I agree about the pocket awareness thing....its like WTF already. How can a guy who shows exceptional pocket awareness at times break down so horribly at aother times...
    Trying to make somehting happen and just being stupid is two different things...
    Come On Eli......we need the "Good Eli" back.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I agree. I am actually okay with occasional mistakes because no one is perfect. But you cant gift wrap footballs and hand it to defenders the way eli has these past few games. That is just awful
    Eli has had periods of "awful" it's just the way it is. He's our QB and we want to win games. If we are going to win any more games, Eli has to play better and so does everyone else.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 11-14-2012 at 10:40 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

[QUOTE=RoanokeFan;580731]
    I agree. I am actually okay with occasional mistakes because no one is perfect. But you cant gift wrap footballs and hand it to defenders the way eli has these past few games. That is just awful[/QUOTE

] Eli has had periods of "awful" it's just the way it us. He's our QB and we want to win games. If we are going to win any more games, Eli has to play better and so does everyone else.
    Yes, all will be forgiven once Eli starts playing great. That's what happens with people in the board!

Eli's a top NFL QB and tremendous in the clutch. However, thru the course of a season, Brady, Payton, Rodgers and Brees are clearly better. If I needed to pick a QB to win one game or to drive down the field for one series, i'll go with ELI (100%). If I needed to pick a QB to win 10 games in a season, I'm picking at least these guys maybe a few more (Ryan, Ben, ECT)...Eli's never been as consistent as those guys.

I dont think this has anything to do with making the HOF (although I think ELI has a good chance) or if Sims was elite. Those are mutually exclusive questions.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    I said it when the "Elite" debate first began last year...... and I will say it again now...... Who is, and who is not Elite is all subjective and I honestly hate the term..... Some jackwagon came up with it just to have something to talk about on TV and now all the fans around the NFL are throwing it around like it has some concrete defined meaning.

As for Eli, or whoever comes after Eli..... Just keep racking up the hardware and forget about that stupid word "Elite".
    I agree 100%

This is what it really comes down to. It's a stupid subjective term that cannot be measured or proven one way or the other.

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    elite is a dirty word. my idea of elite might be different then yours or phil simms. so those taking shots at simms for saying it have to realize its in the eye of the person saying it.

Veteran
    At least he's not throwing left handed INT's anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    Simms can kiss my ***!
    LMAO...right on cue...

According to Simms logic, Vick was elite in Atlanta.