Closed Thread
Page 33 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Then why doesn't he freaking act like a lifelong GIANT and support his team? Strahan has no problem supporting his team. It would be one thing if Simms said "We know you have elite talent somewhere in there Eli. We've seen you do it before, so start actually playing like it already!". But he's not. He's ripping on a current member of the team. It would be like if Bucky Dent went out to the media and said "Jeter is nothing special" after the season the latter had in 2012...
    But Phil is the media now. Its his job to give opinion-his opinion. Eli doesn't need his support and how can he be considered objective if he suppresses his opinion to support Eli just cuz he currently plays for the team he used to play for?

Phil was on B & C this morning to discuss the issue and he was pretty candid about it. He said he gave his opinion and realized as he was saying it that it would get blown up and cause people to lose their s. He considered for a quick second retracting but didn't because it was his opinion. He also discussed the word Elite and how this is not a term that was used in the NFL up until recently. Before Elite QBs were either Franchise or not. He said Eli is a Franchise QB. Elite almost makes it sound superhero-like. I didn't get to hear the whole thing so i don't know if they asked him who he considered Elite in the league.

So I guess Phil thinks Randall Cunningham and Donovan McNab were elite QB's as they made unbelievable plays but were losers. I loved Phil as a player, not so much as an analyst. He bends over backwards to show he is not a Giants fan.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    So I guess Phil thinks Randall Cunningham and Donovan McNab were elite QB's as they made unbelievable plays but were losers. I loved Phil as a player, not so much as an analyst. He bends over backwards to show he is not a Giants fan.
    Randall Cunningham was great. And he killed us. Its actually a travesty that he's not a HOF'er.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    The thing is, you don't need to eliminate any ties to a team you played for or coached and become objective to the level of a robot in order to retain your credibility. You just need to be honest about your fandom. Strahan knows how to do that well. He will pick the Giants to win every chance he gets, but he also makes it painfully clear that it's a homer pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Simms earned his rings. He was injured late in the season
    Drew Bledsoe came off the bench in the playoffs and won the game on their SuperBowl run. Drew earned his ring.Drew Bledsoe did whatever was asked of him by Coach Bellichek to support Tom Brady. Phil Simms left at halftime of SuperBowl XXV.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Phil Simms was a great Giants quarterback but why, why say this??? I know he gets paid for his opinion but does this mean Romo is an elite qb cause he makes unbelievable plays?? Eli has made unbelievable plays too. 2 That come to mind is sb 42 and sb 46. Man what does this guy have to do to get some respect??
    Win two or three more SB's, then maybe. Maybe.. being sarcastic.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Randall Cunningham was great. And he killed us. Its actually a travesty that he's not a HOF'er.
    I totally agree with that, hell he even kicked our butts when he was with Minnesota in the playoffs. Randall Cunningham is what these guys like Cam Newton, RG3, and other so called running QBs should aspire to. Randall only ran when he had to, and was always looking down field as he began to run.

But regarding Eli, I don't know why TC won't pull him for at least a series and see if Carr can give a spark. Are these QBs so fragile emotionally that you can't pull them if they are having a stinker?

Quote Originally Posted by yo-ho View Post
    I totally agree with that, hell he even kicked our butts when he was with Minnesota in the playoffs. Randall Cunningham is what these guys like Cam Newton, RG3, and other so called running QBs should aspire to. Randall only ran when he had to, and was always looking down field as he began to run.

But regarding Eli, I don't know why TC won't pull him for at least a series and see if Carr can give a spark. Are these QBs so fragile emotionally that you can't pull them if they are having a stinker?
    LOL PUT IN CARR?
    I thought we had something special!!!

17 more pages to go. Come on, make me my damn money!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yo-ho View Post

Bench him for David Carr? With all due respect, that is probably one of the dumbest things I have read on these boards. You are entitled to your opinion of course, but I am also entitled to have an opinion on your opinion.