Closed Thread
Page 34 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Bench him for David Carr? With all due respect, that is probably one of the dumbest things I have read on these boards. You are entitled to your opinion of course, but I am also entitled to have an opinion on your opinion.
    and I'm entitled to have an opinion on your opinion of his opinion and in my opinion, your opinion of his opinion is a very good opinion, but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    and I'm entitled to have an opinion on your opinion of his opinion and in my opinion, your opinion of his opinion is a very good opinion, but that's just my opinion.
    lmao

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
    The only Quarterbacks to get into the HOF on the first Ballot are Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway,Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Warren Moon, Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, Johnny Unitas and Steve Young. I'm sorry, but two super bowl rings doesn't automatically qualify you for a first ballot HOF. He needs more credibility.

Outside of the 4th Quarter, Eli has never been a "Dominate" QB. He's been great for our team, but he doesn't control games like his brother does. He's the best at 2 minute drills, but a first ballot guy has to be 60 minutes of non-stop elite. Not this bi-polar crap he goes through every November and Early December.
    Well, his regular season stats are better than Jim Kellys and are comparable to Terry Bradshaws. He has never played on a team that approached the talent those guys as well as Troy Aikman had around them. Eli Manning has won SuperBowls with 2 different sets of recievers and has had to adjust and augment his game play both times to make up for a soft defense.

Eli’s brother has never had a dominant run in the postseason that even approached the two that Eli did in winning the SuperBowls.

The HOF loves legend and they love mythic. Eli Manning is both of those. They will playing the highlights of the NFC Championship game against San Francisco 49ers as well as his brilliant performance in SuperBowl XLVI as he is enshrined in to Canton as a first time ballot.
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 11-14-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    LOL. Seriously?

I thought Eli was past it. But I did see signs (early in the season) when we were winning of him reverting back to some bad habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    yeah come on, debate but taking it this far over the net is not cool. elicruzz and rosie if you must have a dance off
    LOL.

This could get real ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Then why doesn't he freaking act like a lifelong GIANT and support his team? Strahan has no problem supporting his team. It would be one thing if Simms said "We know you have elite talent somewhere in there Eli. We've seen you do it before, so start actually playing like it already!". But he's not. He's ripping on a current member of the team. It would be like if Bucky Dent went out to the media and said "Jeter is nothing special" after the season the latter had in 2012...
    Michael Strahan called out Tuck and the defense a few years ago. And he's definitely an all-time great Giant.

I don't agree with SImms said, but regardless of that he is an all-time great Giant and no one can deny that. And I've always said no pro athelete who played in New York has been crticized more than Simms. The guy could never get a break from the media and many of the fans when he was playing Eli is an elite QB who's going through a slump right now. He'll be back in form.
    Last edited by Cool Papa B.; 11-14-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Wink

I think we better draft or trade for a young QB soon as Eli's days seem to be numbered! How about we bring Tebow in?
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    I think we better draft or trade for a young QB soon as Eli's days seem to be numbered! How about we bring Tebow in?
    Let's list his attributes:

1. he's young
    2. um...I got nothin

Let's list his attributes:

1. he's young
    2. um...I got nothin
    He's got God on his side!
    Giants fan since '58

In my opinion, your opinion of his opinion about that other guy's opinion is also a good opinion.

Carr is the worst Qb in the NFL
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 11-14-2012 at 04:43 PM.