Closed Thread
Page 47 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1489
  1. #461
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    16,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    If this is about who's the tougher QB its not tipped in Phil's favor as much as you'd like to admit. Eli maneuvers around in the pocket and does have a feel for pressure, I don't care, the dudes 3rd all-time in the league for consecutive starts. You can't do that and not be tough in this league. The notion that Phil was so much more resilient than Manning is false. The dude takes plenty of hits. Many other QB's would have crumbled in the NFCCG. Which means no SB.
    I'm not necessarily knocking Eli for trying to avoid getting hit because the guy hasn't missed a game. But there is a difference in the way these two play/ed the game in that regard. Phil would hang in there and get killed, while Eli tries his damnedest not to get touched.

    And I agree about the NFCCG. That was one helluva performance from Eli. He got the crap knocked out of him and just kept at it.

  2. #462
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    yeah because we win 2 sb's with holding brady to under 18 points. some of you are delusional. the offense sputters most of the game with 3 and outs and fg's and manages to put up a score in the 4th qtr and are hero's.
    We held Tom Brady to 17 points in SuperBowl XLVI because Eli Manning slowed the game down and he and NY Giants offense controlled time of possession for almost 38 minutes. That was the best defense that day.

    NY Giants offense led by Eli Manning started SuperBowl XLII with a 9:59 drive that set the tempo of the game. We kept Tom Brady on the sidelines for 2/3 of the 1st quarter and it was the first time all year that NE Patriots didnít score till 2nd quarter.

    In SuperBowl XLVI, NE Patriots hit Eli more than NY Giants hit Tommy. Their defense was way more physical than ours and we almost lost that game but Wes Welker bailed our defense out.

    In both SuperBowls, Eli Manningís performance was the deciding factor in the games. Heck, guess what? They even voted him MVP for both those games.

    Eli Manning thrives in a horribly predictable offensive system under an OC whose time in NFL has passed. We donít have the offensive line or running game to protect a lead and we have a field goal kicker that can not hit one over 50 yards

    If Phil Simms played under Kevin Gillbride he would constantly be throwing fits on the sidelines. Heck, he did that with Tuna fatso enough times.

  3. #463
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I'm not necessarily knocking Eli for trying to avoid getting hit because the guy hasn't missed a game. But there is a difference in the way these two play/ed the game in that regard. Phil would hang in there and get killed, while Eli tries his damnedest not to get touched.

    And I agree about the NFCCG. That was one helluva performance from Eli. He got the crap knocked out of him and just kept at it.
    That is a ridiculous statement. Eli Manning hangs in the pocket. He takes hits and continues to play wheras Phil Simms would not have completed the game had he been hit that hard.Phil Simms liked to talk about how tough he was but he was not nearly as tough or as durable as Eli Manning.

  4. #464
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    16,090
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    Fans forget that Phil Simms lost his starting job to backup Hoss! Does anyone think that will happen to Eli Manning. Simms was carried by the Defense through most of his career. Eli doesn't have that great Defense behind him. He has to win games with a few minutes left in the game because our defense just plain SUCKS! This defense today is HIGHLY overated!

    Hoss was Phil's back-up and was a solid QB who went on to become a starting quarterback as most of us know. But we also know that Hoss was not as good a QB as Phil. So what are really talking?

    We are talking about the decision of the head coach that picked Hoss ahead of Phil. So now bigjeep, please tell everyone who was our head coach at that time and what he's doing now?

    Now when you listen to prominent ex-players and coaches talk about Phil they all talk highly of him and many believe he was underrated. Of course Wellington Mara thought so much of Phil that the Giants retired his jersey. Not too bad for a guy you claim was carried by his team.

    I also must question why you are calling out only our defense when our entire team has been slumping? Have you actually watched Eli play the last few games? Do you like what you see from our QB?

  5. #465
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    The claims that Eli chucks and ducks is ridiculous. The guy stands tall in the pocket and takes hits that knock other QBs out of the game.

  6. #466
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Hoss was Phil's back-up and was a solid QB who went on to become a starting quarterback as most of us know. But we also know that Hoss was not as good a QB as Phil. So what are really talking?

    We are talking about the decision of the head coach that picked Hoss ahead of Phil. So now bigjeep, please tell everyone who was our head coach at that time and what he's doing now?

    Now when you listen to prominent ex-players and coaches talk about Phil they all talk highly of him and many believe he was underrated. Of course Wellington Mara thought so much of Phil that the Giants retired his jersey. Not too bad for a guy you claim was carried by his team.

    I also must question why you are calling out only our defense when our entire team has been slumping? Have you actually watched Eli play the last few games? Do you like what you see from our QB?
    The very fact that a backup took over the reigns and won playoffs and SuperBowl is iondicative of how good the team around Phil Simms was. Phil didnít have to do anything extraordinary to win.

    Phil Simms won because of the team and system around him. Eli Manning wins in spite of the system and team around him. Huge difference.

    Now, do you think we would even win a game if Eliís backup came in?

  7. #467
    LOLOLOL I can't believe some of you old timers actually consider Eli a chuck and duck QB.

    And Roosevelt, did you just say Eli tries to avoid contact and then bring up the NFCCG when he got drilled constantly? A bit contradictory there. Of course a QB should try to avoid contact my friend. I want my QB to be healthy and have the 3rd longest consecutive games played streak while you can go with the guy who gets his ribs broken because he is "tough".

  8. #468
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,646
    C'mon guys......we need 50 pages!

    50 pages or bust!!!!
    ďLosers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,Ē

    - Emlen Tunnell

  9. #469
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    C'mon guys......we need 50 pages!

    50 pages or bust!!!!
    Gotta make goal!!!

  10. #470
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Only because Ray Handley was an idiot.
    Calling Ray Handley an idiot is being way too nice. The snowball game against the chargers remains one of my worst days as a giants fan.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts