Closed Thread
Page 48 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
    Eli....def takes hits. He may not seem as stout in the pocket as others but he def takes hits while he throws.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I'm not necessarily knocking Eli for trying to avoid getting hit because the guy hasn't missed a game. But there is a difference in the way these two play/ed the game in that regard. Phil would hang in there and get killed, while Eli tries his damnedest not to get touched.

And I agree about the NFCCG. That was one helluva performance from Eli. He got the crap knocked out of him and just kept at it.
    You seem hell bent on stating that Simms was a braver and tougher QB than Eli. Agree to disagree lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Eli....def takes hits. He may not seem as stout in the pocket as others but he def takes hits while he throws.
    I'd say him and Romo take the most vicious hits I have seen in the league on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    The claims that Eli chucks and ducks is ridiculous. The guy stands tall in the pocket and takes hits that knock other QBs out of the game.
    Sounds like a good name for Eli's first restaurant! "Eli's chuck and duck"
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    Sounds like a good name for Eli's first restaurant!
    Eli's first restaurant is going to be a steak joint. "OMAHA! OMAHA! Steaks"
    Uh..go Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Calling Ray Handley an idiot is being way too nice. The snowball game against the chargers remains one of my worst days as a giants fan.
    And that poor guy that the fans threw snowballs at was killed in a plane crash to to long after that.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Hoss was Phil's back-up and was a solid QB who went on to become a starting quarterback as most of us know. But we also know that Hoss was not as good a QB as Phil. So what are really talking?

We are talking about the decision of the head coach that picked Hoss ahead of Phil. So now bigjeep, please tell everyone who was our head coach at that time and what he's doing now?

Now when you listen to prominent ex-players and coaches talk about Phil they all talk highly of him and many believe he was underrated. Of course Wellington Mara thought so much of Phil that the Giants retired his jersey. Not too bad for a guy you claim was carried by his team.

I also must question why you are calling out only our defense when our entire team has been slumping? Have you actually watched Eli play the last few games? Do you like what you see from our QB?
    " So now bigjeep, please tell everyone who was our head coach at that time and what he's doing now?"

Vince Lombardi?
    Giants fan since '58

Just to update you guys, Phil Simms also said that Warren Moon and Dan Marino weren't elite quarterbacks either.

Just to update you guys, Phil Simms also said that Warren Moon and Dan Marino weren't elite quarterbacks either.
    so he is wrong two more times then as well...lol
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I also heard he said vanilla was better than chocolate. What an ***