Closed Thread
Page 71 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    The defense was outstanding that game and you could say they "won sb42" however they did the exact opposite and gave up the lead with under 2 minutes to go. That's not subjective, it's not a matter of perception, luck or anything but what it actually was. They gave up the game winning TD and did anything but actually win the game. The contribution was enormous - they didn't win the game.

It's not a dis on the D - but it's just as foolish as saying it was the offense who LOST the regular season game against the Pats.
    as i recall ....Brady got the ball back , did he not ?
    oh , i guess that game winning defensive stand doesn't count.
    must have been Eli and Plax out there in the dime defense.

oh that's right Brady had the last at-bat in SB46 too.
    nice defense by Eli and Nicks.
    Last edited by stormblue; 11-18-2012 at 07:06 PM.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    as i recall ....Brady got the ball back , did he not ?oh , i guess that game winning defensive stand doesn't count.
    Lets not pretend that it was an actual drive vs a few Hail Mary's... Or is it the last unit on the field that wins the game?
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Lets not pretend that it was an actual drive vs a few Hail Mary's... Or is it the last unit on the field that wins the game?
    whatever , Eli was elite and UNSTOPPABLE. a freakin' maniacal pigskin threat to world peace !!

but if you want to see a real deal QB MVP SB performance....i suggest you check out roman numeral XXI.
    stardust.
    Last edited by stormblue; 11-18-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Bench Player
    Bet on it!

whatever , Eli was elite and UNSTOPPABLE. a freakin' threat to world peace !!but if you want to see a real deal QB MVP SB performance....i suggest you check out roman numeral XXI.stardust.
    Never even said such things about Eli. Was more of a comment of yours about the offense being inept and lucky. An offense has to actually be on the field to be able to put up points. The Giants offense had a Super Bowl record opening time of possesion - that may have had just a LITTLE to do with the Pats low points as well. Personally my opinion of Simms SB performance is that it's practically unmatchable - so who exactly are you arguing with?

Joe Namath played for the NY Jets! That he was able to help them win their only SB in their history is reason enough for me to vote him into the HOF!

I grew up watching Simms play QB for us & he was a great QB for us when healthy. It's a shame he got hurt late in 90' & couldn't QB in the SB vs Buffalo. We would have won that game going away if he had. Hoss did an admirable job in that game, but I feel that we would have aired it out a bit more & put up more than just 20 points. I know the game plan was just like it was in SB 42 & Brady, keep Machine gun Kelley & that explosive Bills O on the sidelines.

A 2nd ring as the starter would have given Simms a great shot at the HOF. IMO, it's his right to state his opinion on Eli & no one here should be bashing him for it. Especially any of you that were too young to have actually seen him play.

Eli cannot make plays on his own when a play is busted. He lacks the ability to just take off an run for the 1st down like Romo, Brees & Rogers can do.

Sometimes the field is wide open in front of him & he'll still be looking for an open reciever! Just take off an run! I think that was one of the reasons Simms bashed him. Those other QBs can beat you with both their arms & legs, Eli can only beat teams with his arm.

Simms didn't have alot of 4th qt comeback wins cuz the Giants D back then didn't blow leads like this current D seems to do these past few yrs. Back then, if the G-men had a 21-10 lead going into the 4th, you knew the game was over, not so with this D.

Really could give a crap bout this "elite" status...much prefer the "clutch" title myself. I just want Eli to become "clutch" when in the RZ & get his team some early scores before the half & stop putting so much pressure on the D to keep the game low scoring. Asides from the Panthers, 9ers Cowboys rematch game, we hardly ever go into the half leading comfortably. And we almost blew the Boys game.

Look at NE vs Indy today, they never take their pedal of the gas! Huge lead on the Colts & they just keep attacking, attacking on O, we have like a 10 pt lead & get all conservative & kick Fgs & before you know it, a blowout turns into a last second struggle for a win.

The 9ers/2nd Boys games come to mind, could have been huge blowouts but our OC gets conservative in the RZ & we start settling for 3s when a few 7s would turn the game into a route. 9ers game should not even have been as close as the final score indictates. Same for the Boys game, Eli & the O couldn't come thru with all the numerous turnovers & short field that the D provided them in both games. So goes Eli, so goes the Giants.

Eli needs to get going!
    Last edited by Parademon; 11-18-2012 at 07:33 PM.

I love Eli and what he has accomplished with the Giants. But my honest opinion out of the top QBs currently in the NFL Eli comes up with the worst games at times then any of them and thats his whole issue when comparing. I am talking Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, Ben, Ryan..(no particular order)
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Never even said such things about Eli. Was more of a comment of yours about the offense being inept and lucky. An offense has to actually be on the field to be able to put up points. The Giants offense had a Super Bowl record opening time of possesion - that may have had just a LITTLE to do with the Pats low points as well. Personally my opinion of Simms SB performance is that it's practically unmatchable - so who exactly are you arguing with?
    i'm not arguing with anybody.
    that culprit instigator dropped out pages and pages ago.
    whilst i am left dodging random sarcasms and innuendo
    just defending what i said and why i said it.

it doesn't really sound like you are disagreeing with much at all...
    i think i have been defending myself for so many pages that i'm
    getting an itchy trigger finger.

sorry.

i'm not arguing with anybody.that culprit instigator dropped out pages and pages ago.whilst i am left dodging random sarcasms and innuendojust defending what i said and why i said it.it doesn't really sound like you are disagreeing with much at all...i think i have been defending myself for so many pages that i'm getting an itchy trigger finger.sorry.
    I wonder if there are Montana/young debates like these on their boards.

I wonder if there are Montana/young debates like these on their boards.
    Well I'm sure that their fans appreciate BOTH of them and understand that they were two different quarterbacks and aren't belittling one of them to make the other one seem greater.
    I thought we had something special!!!