Closed Thread
Page 94 of 149 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
    Did Simms say who he thought WAS elite?Was Rodgers one of them? The ability to win a game ON THEIR OWN as the criteria for being elite is a pretty high one.
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

You don't win games on your own, you don't lose games on your own.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You're being ridiculous.
    If you can't see the difference between Tiki's slam and Phil's comments then we are wasting our time talking about it.
    Actually Eli really wasn't the leader he is now at the time Tiki made his comments. I didn't actually disagree with it.

Leader and Elite are both subjective comments. If its a slam, they are both a slam.

You are ignoring the fact that Simms could have kept his comments to himself the way Tiki should have.

so Simms doesnt think Eli is elite....
    so what. Rodney Harrison thinks he is one of the best QBs in the NFL....
    Toomer thinks Romo is better

etc.....just another opinion......Why do so many get their panties in a bunch......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post

etc.....just another opinion......Why do so many get their panties in a bunch......
    Why no mention of Tiki not thinking Eli is a leader?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    Why no mention of Tiki not thinking Eli is a leader?
    wasnt going to go through all the "opinions" of Eli...

but you are right...Tiki thinks Eli wasnt a good leader back then. He thinks differently now though
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post

Because we don't care about what other commentators say, it's only painful to hear it from EX Giants players. We want our players we were loyal to for years to be loyal to their team.

Again, it's not like they are slighting a guy who has been mediocre and only has a few accomplishments. Eli has 2 Superbowls, 2 Superbowl MVPs, and has been a Probowler. These EX Giants are going after a guy who has shown he belongs with the "elite" talks. Not to mention, last year he had the greatest 4th quarter season in history.

My problem with Simms quote is that he said it after a bad 3 games for Eli. He certainly didn't say it at the beginning of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    It's hard to understand how Simms can call Eli a HoFer yet say he's not elite. It's almost like a backhanded complement.

"I guess he'll make the hall of fame because his team was so good around him and they made his stats look good, but he wouldn't get there himself."

If you're a a hall of famer, you're elite IMO.
    That's a valid argument.

But in essence Phil said Eli is a great player but he's not amongst greatest of the greats. It's truly not a slight.

It's just like saying Phil may not be a HOF'er. He was still damn good and the fact that he's been nominated a few times tells you that.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    I agree, but I would rather hear Simms or anyone else say that about Eli when things are going well too. I guess like fans, commentators are fickle and say things spur of the moment as well. Give Eli 3 weeks like yesterday, would Simms change his mind?
    I think everyone thinks highly of Eli now. Phil called him a HOF'er. Rodney Harrison said he thinks Eli is the best in the game right now.

As for last night, I think Eli still looked off his game. The miss to Hyno, throwing behind guys, throwing without touch, the throw to Cruz into coverage, i.e. the laser to Ahmad who's 3 ft. away, etc. He looked to me like he's fighting his way back to be the QB he can be.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Honestly, he is right. He has been a mess for the last 4 games. Out of the elite QB's in the NFL, how many of those guys have had 4 game slumps like this? I like Elli as our QB, but I have to agree with Simms on this one.
    You're kidding right? Have you watched ANY of the season so far?Drew Brees had 4 games where they couldn't even WIN a game. Aaron Rodgers had an early slump when he lost to the seahawks, colts, and 9ers and now us. Brady has been outgunned by Russel Wilson and Kevin Kolb for god sakes. Honestly any guy who thinks Eli isn't elite either hasn't been watching the season or is an idiot. Peyton Manning had an INT happy season in 2010.