Closed Thread
Page 96 of 149 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Phil beat all those guys in big spots. The exception was Marino since he never played him in a huge spot.
    Big Simms fan but lets not overstate his playoff career. His stats were 157-279 1679 yards 10 TD, 6 INT. W-L of 6-4. Was injured for playoffs in 1981 and 1990.

Can't believe this thread is still going.

Don't know if that's good or bad.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    How many rings does Simms have? Are we not even gonna mention the fact that he had the greatest defensive player ever on his team?
    well true but when you have osi tuck and jpp on your dline , it sorta equals that out., and simms didnt have a lot of weapons to work with just a bunch of lunch pail guys, no stars to speak of on offense.

Coughlin using his Tablet

Elis tougher than Phil

Banned

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by G-MENBK View Post
    Can't believe this thread is still going.

Don't know if that's good or bad.
    Its good right to the SB!

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    Because we don't care about what other commentators say, it's only painful to hear it from EX Giants players. We want our players we were loyal to for years to be loyal to their team.

Again, it's not like they are slighting a guy who has been mediocre and only has a few accomplishments. Eli has 2 Superbowls, 2 Superbowl MVPs, and has been a Probowler. These EX Giants are going after a guy who has shown he belongs with the "elite" talks. Not to mention, last year he had the greatest 4th quarter season in history.

My problem with Simms quote is that he said it after a bad 3 games for Eli. He certainly didn't say it at the beginning of the season.
    First of all not calling Eli elite doesnt mean squat because Simms is a Giant. All it means is that he doesnt hink he is elite. Obviously Simms holds that definition to a higher standard then many do. He did say he would be a HOFr......
    When Eli had his "bad" more like terrible 3 weeks maybe it convinced Simms that he is not elite in his eyes...
    Then again.....why really care so much. If you think Eli is elite that should be good enough
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Simms didn't beat Kelly in a big spot. Hoss did. Wasn't it the regular season game against the Bills that we lost Simms for the season in? Plus, we lost that game.
    Holy crap G. I'm getting old.

BTW...I must thrash you next week.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    well true but when you have osi tuck and jpp on your dline , it sorta equals that out., and simms didnt have a lot of weapons to work with just a bunch of lunch pail guys, no stars to speak of on offense.
    I'm not trying to make an argument against simms, I think picking btwn Eli and Simms is lame, they were both great and two of my favorites, but I disagree with you about Simms not having a lot of weapons to work with, Joe morris was 1,400 yard back at one point, Bavaro was one of the best TE's in the game, and the giants had an excellent offesive line. I always felt Manuel was very good reciever as well, so to say he had little to no weapons is wrong imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Phil beat all those guys in big spots. The exception was Marino since he never played him in a huge spot.
    wait, i could have sworn I've seen you make big deals out of people saying eli beat brady, favre, rodgers, etc etc bc "the qbs arent facing each other, they're facing the defenses."
    isnt that the definition of hypocritical? to apply a set of standards to something while ignoring it for something else?

Quote Originally Posted by yatitle View Post
    Big Simms fan but lets not overstate his playoff career. His stats were 157-279 1679 yards 10 TD, 6 INT. W-L of 6-4. Was injured for playoffs in 1981 and 1990.
    may not have been a big spot but the giants did beat them the Dolphins in 1990, 20-3 in week 3...wonderphil!