+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    People need to check themselves on some of those comments. I'm reminded of the atrocious comments posted on Steve Smith's facebook after he signed with Philly. Although no where near that level, it is just a game.

But Cruz really needs to be a little smarter. After all, these people are only following him on facebook because he is a Giants player. They're not following him because he's trying to be a male model. I think he needs to realize that and realize it quick.

After having yet another stinker he should probably rethink what he posts to his fans, who again, are only following him because he's a Giants player.
    Its just a game? Tell that to the freaking giants fans that traveled to Cincy and spent mad doe on tickets, to watch there favorites get destroyed and then they barley get through the front door, and the guy whos gonna be crying for millions of dollars a few months down the road is worried about what "HAT" people think he should wear..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    You seem to feel very strongly about this. I can tell these things, I have a gift for it.
    Nah, i'm more annoyed that some people on here are getting on the guys for calling em out.. This is half the problem with 2days spoiled rotten athletes.. Something tlls me that if FB existed back in the 60's, Y.A Title would not be on there after being lambasted asking what hat he should wear..lol

This *** more then a game to me.. I care very deeply about the giants, probably more then i really should, and i think its pathetic thats what hes posting instead of sorry i su-cked yesterday and the team did...
    Last edited by Die-Hard; 11-14-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Profanity

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Its just a game? Tell that to the freaking giants fans that traveled to Cincy and spent mad doe on tickets, to watch there favorites get destroyed and then they barley get through the front door, and the guy whos gonna be crying for millions of dollars a few months down the road is worried about what "HAT" people think he should wear..lol
    That's all you picked up on from my entire post? Wow.

My "it's just a game" comment obviously was referring to the people who go way overboard on their comments on players FB's, I.E Telling Steve Smith that they hope his entire family dies, or calling him the N word when he went to Philly.

Did you even read my post?

Bench Player
    FB can give you hell. Just ask ex-giant (soon to be ex-NFL athlete) Steve Smith.

After he moved to Philly his facebook page was torn to shreds so badly it was deleted. Us New Yorkers have no sympathy for such BS.

An awful....AWFUL showing like we saw Sunday and Cruz is posting about what hat to wear???

Its fine to be picking hats, lets not get that wrong, and life is more than football. But he needs to understand his FB audience. We are fans and want to see the Giants win. When we lose that miserably the absolute last thing we would like to see is what hat Cruz is choosing. lord save us

Quote Originally Posted by He Hate Mee View Post
    FB can give you hell. Just ask ex-giant (soon to be ex-NFL athlete) Steve Smith.

After he moved to Philly his facebook page was torn to shreds so badly it was deleted. Us New Yorkers have no sympathy for such BS.

An awful....AWFUL showing like we saw Sunday and Cruz is posting about what hat to wear???

Its fine to be picking hats, lets not get that wrong, and life is more than football. But he needs to understand his FB audience. We are fans and want to see the Giants win. When we lose that miserably the absolute last thing we would like to see is what hat Cruz is choosing. lord save us
    Right. I'm sure he was feeling pretty good abot himself when he was tearing it up and had accolades rolling in evry three seconds. That's what you get with social media and also with NY fans. They will tell you when you're doing great and will tell you equally as fast when you're stinkin up the joint.

Quote Originally Posted by He Hate Mee View Post

Athletes and particularly young ones need to stay off social media and hire someone to run it for them. It is difficult for anyone and especially a young athlete who lives in a bubble to understand how dumb some things can look when rolled out through social media. Cruz should either just shut it down or get an uninvolved professional to run it for him.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Again, a lot of you are taking the whole thing too seriously, to the point where it's quite disturbing.

He knows he's been playing badly lately. He knows the team has lost 2 in a row. He knows the fans are probably upset

So he has a Facebook account in order to connect with the fans. Yes, he should expect good AND bad things on there, and I can all but guarantee that he does. However, it still doesn't mean that going bat **** crazy on the guy for asking about a hat after a loss is ok, and that he deserves to be lambasted because you dont have the tact to know when you've gone too far. Like Harooni said earlier, I think a lot of you guys want to see a video of him bashing his head against the wall, instead of moving on with his life and working on getting his game back on track. He doesn't owe any single one of us a single thing, so get off his back, will ya? I'm quite sure that playing badly isn't part of his master plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Again, a lot of you are taking the whole thing too seriously, to the point where it's quite disturbing.

He knows he's been playing badly lately. He knows the team has lost 2 in a row. He knows the fans are probably upset

So he has a Facebook account in order to connect with the fans. Yes, he should expect good AND bad things on there, and I can all but guarantee that he does. However, it still doesn't mean that going bat **** crazy on the guy for asking about a hat after a loss is ok, and that he deserves to be lambasted because you dont have the tact to know when you've gone too far. Like Harooni said earlier, I think a lot of you guys want to see a video of him bashing his head against the wall, instead of moving on with his life and working on getting his game back on track. He doesn't owe any single one of us a single thing, so get off his back, will ya? I'm quite sure that playing badly isn't part of his master plan.
    I agree with you 1000000000000% Athletes make these pages to interact with the fans and to let them into their lives away from the game, not to get ripped a new one everytime they have a bad game. Most of these people trashing Cruz or any other athlete, are keyboard thugs that have no guts.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post

Let me start by saying I haven't visited his facebook page. That said, he does owe us more than a "single thing". He owes us alot (are you kidding??). We pay large PSLs for the privilege of buying our seats. Then we pay large dollars for those seats. He's been invisible for a few weeks now and needs to understand that fans really don't care about hats, we care about wins and at least the appearance that our team cares deeply about winning. Introducing such a silly topic for his fans on the heals of an abysmal performance by his team and by him personally means he is disconnected from the typical fan. That is unacceptable. It is called a tin ear in some quarters. It is all about appearances and his appearance is not good. I love the kid but he needs advice and direction from an adult with a better feel for how the fan base will react.

By the way, the fans set the rules on how they react, not anyone else and certainly not Victor.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Let me start by saying I haven't visited his facebook page. That said, he does owe us more than a "single thing". He owes us alot (are you kidding??). We pay large PSLs for the privilege of buying our seats. Then we pay large dollars for those seats. He's been invisible for a few weeks now and needs to understand that fans really don't care about hats, we care about wins and at least the appearance that our team cares deeply about winning. Introducing such a silly topic for his fans on the heals of an abysmal performance by his team and by him personally means he is disconnected from the typical fan. That is unacceptable. It is called a tin ear in some quarters. It is all about appearances and his appearance is not good. I love the kid but he needs advice and direction from an adult with a better feel for how the fan base will react.

By the way, the fans set the rules on how they react, not anyone else and certainly not Victor.
    Ok. So what should he do? What actions could he take to make amends? Should he lock himself in a room and watch film for 5 straight days?

Not being the least bit sarcastic or facetious. I'd really like to hear your solution.

These guys are trained to have short memories. You can't dwell on the mistakes or the bad games, because you'll never be able to get past them, and it'll carry over to the next one. Thats what I see Vic doing, and thats what I was taught when I played ball years ago. Forget it, and move on.