+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eli will never be fully appreciated...

Eli will never be fully appreciated...

Until he is retired. Everyone can argue until his last game how good or bad he was. I for one did not get into football until I was close to age 10 and grew up with Dave Brown, Kent Graham. Danny Kanell, and Kerry Collins who was a complete statue. Eli is great in my book and those two Super Bowl runs were awesome and much appreciated. I dread the day Eli is gone and could care less what Elite is. Eli is a Champion, that is all that matters to me.

I am confident after the bye week and some rest the Giants offense gets back on track, they are not as bad as the past few weeks.

I feel the same way. With all due respect, Eli is not really consistent year to year, but he knows how to win and he is a champion. He is perfect for the giants. The same way you dont know which giants team will show up is the same way you dont know which eli might show up..

Quote Originally Posted by Eli2Shockey4aTD View Post
    Until he is retired. Everyone can argue until his last game how good or bad he was. I for one did not get into football until I was close to age 10 and grew up with Dave Brown, Kent Graham. Danny Kanell, and Kerry Collins who was a complete statue. Eli is great in my book and those two Super Bowl runs were awesome and much appreciated. I dread the day Eli is gone and could care less what Elite is. Eli is a Champion, that is all that matters to me.

I am confident after the bye week and some rest the Giants offense gets back on track, they are not as bad as the past few weeks.
    Waaahhh!
    Poor baby!
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Waaahhh!
    Poor baby!
    He has a point Morehead. Many fans will miss him when he calls it a career.

Giants fan since the early 80s

This whole elite discussion is so pointless now.
    I got into it last year since it was the hot topic regarding the Giants and Eli himself.
    Now I look at it and it's stupid.
    If you don't want to call him elite because he's streaky, and throws the ball up for grabs, cool. If you want to call him elite because he has 2 super bowls and can shake off bad games, cool.
    It's not going to change the way he performs and he's going to remain our quarter back whether one thinks he's elite or not.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Waaahhh!
    Poor baby!
    Hah wow thanks for the insight. Is that suppose to hurt my feelings on an internet message board? Hold on let me ask my 1 year old nephew what he thinks too, he probably has more to offer in the discussion then you.

He is great, which is totally the opposite of what the talking head idiots all predicted he'd be, so they have to take every opportunity to tear him down, and thats why when he goes thru a rough patch they all pounce on him!
    He has 2 SB rings...2 SB mvp's.....an impressive number of NFL records....he'll hold every Giants QB record by the time he's done....his legacy is already well on its way of being assured...and he's not done yet don't forget.
    He has his loyal fans and his detractors who's minds are made up and can't be changed ....so just keep supporting him and watch him win!!!

Waaahhh!
    Poor baby!
    WAHHH NOBODY LOVES SIMMS LIKE I DO

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli2Shockey4aTD View Post
    Hah wow thanks for the insight. Is that suppose to hurt my feelings on an internet message board? Hold on let me ask my 1 year old nephew what he thinks too, he probably has more to offer in the discussion then you.
    He's just mad cause you left out a way he can bash Eli and say Simms will always be the best. Great post by the way.....

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    He has a point Morehead. Many fans will miss him when he calls it a career.
    This has been said 1000 times on this board. Whenever there is criticism of Eli someone starts the old "they won't appreciate him until he's gone" thread.

Its been done.......Its boring.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread