+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

New York Giantsí David Wilson Still Learning Pro Offense; Coaches Explain Lack of Pla

Yet again all they are saying is David Wilson can't block and protect the QB.

I, for one, am not buying into this. Something else has to be wrong, it cant just be that he has to "man up" and learn to do other things besides run the ball.

Put the kid in the game for ONCE and see what actually happens...good lord

http://www.giants101.com/2012/11/14/...-playing-time/

Pro football is a lot different. If the coaches are making the call that he hasn't adjusted yet, then I'll take their word.

Bench Player
    I understand that. But practice isn't everything. Some people just have a switch...and that thing just "flips" on for a game.

Whether that means blocking, running, catching....whatever. What makes Wilson so special that he is the ONLY RB WEVE HAD IN THE PAST 10 YEARS who doesnt get playing time because of this? This is unreal.

we talkin' bout practice? practice?

come on man

hahahhaha couldnt resist....

JPP didn't start until 2011. Prince didn't start until 2012. Makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    JPP didn't start until 2011. Prince didn't start until 2012. Makes sense...
    And they're both panning out pretty well. I don't see the need to rush these players in too quickly, unless he was a full boomer, in which he hasn't shown anything yet.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    And they're both panning out pretty well. I don't see the need to rush these players in too quickly, unless he was a full boomer, in which he hasn't shown anything yet.
    Yes, but look at what our alternative has been. A beat up Bradshaw. A Bradshaw not as dominant as he once was physically. And David Wilson rides the pine.

I wish these coaches would just shut up and let the kid play. Then the world can see for itself whether or not he can protect.

"Believe nothing of what you hear, and half of what you see"

All the Wilson doubters are like blind sheep following aimlessly in the direction of the slaughter.

Pathetic.

I for one cannot fathom why people don't understand or believe the reason the coaches are giving for not playing Wilson more. Why does there have to be some machiavelian alterior motive?? The kid has to learn to play the position at the pro level before he can play and as long as there is at least one other healthy running back on the roster who can do that job better, Wilson will not get a lot of snaps.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    I for one cannot fathom why people don't understand or believe the reason the coaches are giving for not playing Wilson more. Why does there have to be some machiavelian alterior motive?? The kid has to learn to play the position at the pro level befor he can play and as long as there is at least one other healthy running back on the roster who can do that job better Wilson will not get a lot of snaps.
    Its fine when our #1 is playing well and we are winning games.

Otherwise is just looks foolish and stubborn.

I would like to see for myself this supposed "lack of knowledge and ineptitude at everything other than running the ball" I want to see it for my ****ing self and I am getting sick of these coaches hear-say BS

Quote Originally Posted by He Hate Mee View Post
    Its fine when our #1 is playing well and we are winning games.

Otherwise is just looks foolish and stubborn.

I would like to see for myself this supposed "lack of knowledge and ineptitude at everything other than running the ball" I want to see it for my ****ing self and I am getting sick of these coaches hear-say BS
    I understand and share your frustration especially with the way tghe entire offense has been playing for the past few games, but the Giants Organization is not going to put the kid out there just to appease a bunch of frustrated fans.